Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cave Troll WIP

Hi folks,

So this is my first work posted here and my second "serious" character sculpt. I would appreciate some feedback, especially on the anatomy. It's for the most part still work in progress but I would like to have all the proportions correct before I put in too much detail.

Thanks!

Replies

• SomethingFishy
    Hi Wurrzappa, welcome to polycount!

The first thing that comes to me is the silhouette of the body. With the head coming straight out of the body at 90 degrees the silhouette from the front and back looks headless. giving a bit of an angle (95-105 degrees) would be great.

Next would be the ears, they seem a bit high. In human anatomy the top of the ear should more or less align with the center of the eye.

Also looking at reference for trolls from LoTR and The Hobbit the mouth/nose area of the face tends to protrude a tad. Where as you have the face pushed in.

I'd recommend looking at some images of gorillas for reference.

Last note I really enjoy the sagging in the torso! great work so far.
  • pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    Hey wurzappa,
    I like it so far!
    I would say he doesnt look too heavy, and to my knowledge; The LOTR trolls are in fact.. quite heavy, I would check out his mid section.
    THe torso is looking good, although it looks a little big for the mid section.

Great work pal! keep it up