Home Marmoset

Material Masking/ Material ID's?

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
barnesy polycounter lvl 9
Hi Polycount,

Do material ID's work in marmoset 2?

I have a model that has various material types such as metal, rubber and carbon fibre and I was wondering what the best method of material application would be.

Is there anyway that I could apply various instances of the master material to each of the material types as material ID's?

I was hoping that I could avoid breaking the model up into objects based on their material type as I'm guessing I will have to make changes to the topology and somehow re-rig each of the material type models to get them to line up correctly when animated (Which I can imagine would be a Z fighting nightmare lol).

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry, but we do not support material IDs or texture laying at this time. Both of these are features a lot of people have expressed interested in, so hopefully we will be able to add them in a future update, however I do not have an ETA on when that will happen.

Currently, you will need to split your model into separate objects to apply multiple materials. You can also use the standard texture inputs to define different surface types, however you will be limited to one material/the same shader models per object.
  • barnesy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    barnesy polycounter lvl 9

I will have to bite the bullet and see if I can separate the rigged model without too much craziness :\