Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Game Art

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
rohitsinghbhui polycounter lvl 9
HI everyone, this is my 1st post on Polycount Forum, i was doing it from quite a long time, finally got over frm my lazynes and finish this.
found the concept online but dont know the artist name, Sculpt was done completely in Zbrush then Retopo in Maya ( good topology can be done in maya now) pretty Cool!
Textures done using Mudbox and Photoshop, Render in Marmoset ( Awesome App)..
Please Have a look and post ur Feedbacks.
BeautyCLP_002.jpg
Beauty_001.jpg
bodyCL.jpg
BeautyCLP_004.jpg
BeautyCLP_003.jpg
HiresSculpt_001.jpg
HiresSculpt_002.jpg
GlovesCloseUp001.jpg
Texture01.jpg
Texture02.jpg
Wires-copy.jpg

Replies

• alifarsangi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alifarsangi polycounter lvl 9
    great work Dude, really nice work, I believe that his shoes/feet could be better, looks a bit flat to me . also adding a bit eyelash or more darker color around his eyes could add a lot to him
  • rohitsinghbhui
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey man thanks for pointing out ,i only Change the Texture around the eye
    BeautyCLP_0023.jpg
    BeautyCLP_005-1024x819.jpg
    BeautyCLP_0033.jpg
  • beta_channel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beta_channel polycounter lvl 7
    A couple of things that are really throwing me for a loop. His philtrum ridge is a bit too thick on either side and is creating an odd highlight. I could be wrong, but it appears that your outer eye isn't far enough back, without a solid side view it is hard to tell. Also, his eyebrows are way too straight and way too far up (away from the eye) Your eyebrows are currently a full 1.5-2 iris lengths away from the upper lid. Your average male in their 20-30s should have the eyebrow falling just above where the upper iris would end. http://bit.ly/1qovdGu The amount of crows feet you currently have on him doesn't mesh well with the overall lack of other skin details. Basically, he looks old, only in his lower lid, but mid 20s or so everywhere else. The angle of his tear duct also throws me for a loop.

His eyes really need a parallax map, normal, etc on them. Some grounding AO or a faked AO mask would really help as well.

I would look at adding some more five o'clock to him. I would also take a look at the hair transition at the temples again, right now it is a very soft fade from what I can tell. There isn't a distinct transition from one material to the other.

Sorry I'm making these notes way after you're past the point of no return, but I think your piece on a whole will benefit from taking another look at the his face. Eh, my 2cents.
  • jhoythottle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jhoythottle polycounter lvl 7
    double check your anatomy for the pecs. They look muscular but droopy at the same time. (this might not matter since his vest covers up most of the problem areas.) Your armor and hard surface stuff look fantastic.
  • Elod.H
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elod.H polycounter lvl 11
    Hey rohitsinghbhui , this is turning out great!

The very first thing that came to my mind is... does he have gel in his hair? I mean he looks like a dude from the medieval ages, but that hair style is very modern. This might be on purpose, but it feels a bit weird to me. Keep up the good work!

Elod
  • rohitsinghbhui
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys these comments are really Helpfull, will keep this in mind..