Home Quixel Megascans

Refreshing bugs (ID map + multi meshes)

DVL
DVL
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
DVL polycounter lvl 9
Hey there, I'm having a bunch of bugs that have completely prevented me from doing anything productive today:

1. I've done a character with a bunch of different IDs, created all of his materials, and then I realized I'm missing one map ID for another specific material. I edit my map and add a new color then refresh everything. Quixel works out all the different things for a while, and once everything's finished I see no new material ID, no updates, nothing. As if I had never done the change (But I did, and triple-checked).
Bug01.jpg

2. My only remaining option was to save the whole document as a preset, and create a new project using the preset for what I had already done. It works, partially: I see my ID updated, but the preset I saved seems to be bugged and I only get half of the materials I had created to show up. I then try to create the preset anew and now am plagued with a bunch of errors (I rebooted quixel/photoshop a bunch of times and nothing got better)
Bug02.jpg

3. Then I decided "OK, I'll try adding a base to my model and try the new multi-mesh thing", so I went to reimport meshes and then realized that you couldn't add new objects to an existing project. I get no choice to assign anything to it when using "Reimport Mesh", and if I try using the global reimporter I can only assign new maps, not meshes
Bug03.jpg

4. Being bummed out a little, I tell myself "Alright, I'll work on the base separately starting from a material I had previously done. I open my already created project and try to assign it a new model only to see Quixel not apply any kind of textures anywhere on the object (even on the default plane, sphere, box, nothing!).

5. After all of that I'm thinking I could spare myself a lot of trouble exporting it all to marmoset but the end results are super different. The render in Quixel feels so far superior to anything I can put in TB2, yet the Quixel website claims:

100% Marmoset compatible.
3DO builds upon Marmoset’s world class Image Based Lighting, ensuring your content will always plug right into Toolbag 2.0,

Am I missing something?
Bug04.jpg

Sorry for this storm of questions and bugs, I totally love what you're doing with this software and am totally planning on buying it once it comes out. I really wish it wasn't plagued by so many bugs though so... here are a few, guess I must do my part of the bugs reporting as well ;)

thanks!

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!

really sorry to hear about all these problems, we're very thankful that you took the time to report this in such a detailed manner!

Would you mind zipping and uploading your projectfile, inputs and scene preset?
    This would help us immensely! Again, so sorry for your troubles!