Home Contests & Challenges Archives Arms & Armor, Chivalry: Medieval Workshop

[Chivalry] – Agatha Archer – Gothic Archer

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Jinn polycounter lvl 7
Hello everyone! :)

This is the first time for me taking part in a 3D modelling contest. I'm Jinn and I form a team with Mato, who also is a complete newbie with 3D modelling (and contests). Happy to meet you all!

At first I wanted to create a weapon with Finnish origin, something barbaric and nordic, but I set that Idea aside for a while when I found these beautiful Gothic Composite Crossbows from the 15th century. I think I got obsessed with them. :D

referencesheet1.png

I like how realistic chivalry is as a game, and I also love the lack of fantasy weapons in it. So I'd like to create something historically accurate for the game as well. Something that really existed in the late 15th century. I might be going to follow the reference weapons quite closely, but I'll add my own touch to the end result.

Some concepts and studies:

referencesheet2-eka.jpg

Sideview guide for modeling, without a cranequin and without details/decorations:
(going to change the stirrup too, still thinking about it)

crossbowsivulta2-pieni.png

For helmet I'm not yet sure what we will be going for. we both like Sallet most, as it is German too and from the same era as the crossbow. I think it would look awesome. But we haven't yet decided.

archerleft-3.png

Will post some models later. :)

Replies