Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Low Poly model for Rigging Class

JRGarcia
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
JRGarcia polycounter lvl 2
First post! Right now I'm studying animation and game Design at the University of Incarnate Word and I felt like It'd be a good idea to start posting my works outside of my forums and get external feedback from a lot more people.

So here's my low poly game character for a character rigging class. The model's name is Spritz.

5474 tris. 2048x2048 Color map, and normal map for the model, and a 512x512 color and normal map for the can.

Spritz_Mode2l.png

Spritz_Model.png

Replies

• Fefs
    Offline / Send Message
    Fefs polycounter lvl 3
    Wow you used a 2048x2048 for a low poly model...don't you think it's a waste of space? I think you can use a 1024x1024 with no problems in resolution in this case.

Are you going to model a face for learn face rigging or you will modify this one?
  • JRGarcia
    Offline / Send Message
    JRGarcia polycounter lvl 2
    I'm still learning things here and there and I'm used to doing things big. I did the color map in sketchbook, and I'm not used to texturing in a 2D program, soon I will throw away the textures and restart in Mudbox. Other than that his design doesn't have a traditional head and face. His head is the top of of a spray paint can. In the rigging class we will be doing a high poly character so that one will have a full head. :)
  • Fefs
    Offline / Send Message
    Fefs polycounter lvl 3
    Cool, just start thinking about the resolutions and when you do the next model show here (and the rig working too ^^)