Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Practising Zbrush

Anomaly
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Anomaly polycounter lvl 6
Hello Everyone :poly136:

First poster here just wanting to dump my Zbrush sculpts here and see what you guys think. If possible as well how and what I can do to improve as I'm sure there not perfect because I never seem to finish anything I start :\.

Not that new to Zbrush but the last time I touched it was a couple of years ago now, even then I didn't do much. I have now seen the error in my ways and had the realization that Zbrush is amazing and would love to get a lot better at it.

First sculpts I did after picking up Zbrush again. The boar is done from concept art I found but I will have to re-find it and post it later on. Will also dump some more of my more recent sculpts in a while. Sorry in advance for the bad renders.

Thanks in advance and don't hold back on the critiques :)

47ugO4j.jpg

XZkol8z.jpg

sEWdDV1.jpg

I6Rm34C.jpg

Replies

• Anomaly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a few more pieces that I did. I really need to start looking at anatomy and form as I have no experience in them areas. As well as learn how to do fur because I seem to stop when it becomes to annoying :\

Will probably start looking into doing some anatomy studies of legs and torsos to get better as well and a few animal studies if I can.

4wads00.jpg

cm3q6dQ.jpg

rzKMeCt.jpg

rPGV8fw.jpg
  • ClusterOne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ClusterOne polycounter lvl 4
    Anatomy studies are definitely the way to go. I personally would suggest focusing on one type at a time: human or beast--don't try to juggle them as they are both very demanding and will require lots of time to learn.

Overall, I like your work. Your only real weakness is your lack of anatomical knowledge--it makes your forms rather lumpy and amorphous. If you haven't already, check out https://www.anatomy4sculptors.com/ they have some good free resources for human anatomy-- It's not all-encompassing in terms of information but it should get you off to a good start. Good luck!
  • DireWolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cute dog. Its foot needs some love tho :D
    I really like mkClay material here, check it out. http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?169982-Clay-material
  • Anomaly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ClusterOne Thanks for the advice and the website I will definitely use it. For now as well I think I will study human anatomy first and do animal later on down the line when I am comfortable.

@DireWolf Thanks, but it is suppose to be a fox :s some error on my part I'm certain. a lot of these I started from a sphere and used dynamesh so some parts are forgotten or I had trouble getting down. Thanks a bunch for the material I have been looking for something other than the presets to sculpt with, I need to have a better look around for different ones.
  • infinity2604
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This looks very good in my opinion, I really like the fox, you should work on the Fur though and you really should work on some proportions, other than that I'm really looking forward to see the fox finished.

BTW: Foxes are my favorite animals and I was planning to model one myself in a few days or weeks as well :D
  • Anomaly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha thanks infinity will probably get round to finishing it as it needs a lot more work but for now I'll be working on other stuff.

This is my first anatomy study ever so I'm not expecting greatness but critiques would be great! :) Probably wont post for a while and just study on my own don't want to be flooding this thread with studies.

Thanks for looking.

OkYLgI8.jpg

HYShD8r.jpg

xLjgvAT.jpg
  • DireWolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think you should include a bit of upper arm so your pecs and deltoid have reference for correct insertion. It would give you better visualization for deltoid/tricep/teres major relationship as well.

dN6sWeI.png

Your external oblique are having a very weird silhouette.
  • Anomaly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for posting so much so soon just want to get this first one right then fly the coop and try some alone for awhile :).

Hopefully this is a little better and thank you for the help DireWolf you have been great.

tQMGKd4.jpg

TRvjX2b.jpg

5dhJiiX.jpg