Home Freelance Job Postings

[paid] Breaking bad video game

Hello I am looking for a programmer, and a 3d modeler for a breaking
Bad game this will be paid. The requirements for the programmer is you have to know c#.
Be part of this wonderful dream. Contact me at onix.torres57@gmail.com

Best regards,
Your future employer

Replies

• skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    I applied and the guy wanted to to model Walter white for an application, so heads up seem a little fishy, claims he is working on the rights with amc
  • gamedev29
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I applied and the guy wanted to to model Walter white for an application, so heads up seem a little fishy, claims he is working on the rights with amc

We are working on it. You will see how it turns out.
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gamedev29 wrote: »
    We are working on it. You will see how it turns out.

I'm not trying to offend you. I'm just saying you should probably work that out first
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And asking someone to model the primary character in the game seems ... weird. So I build this and you take off with it and create the game? You can see where people would be gun shy.
  • gamedev29
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WarrenM wrote: »
    And asking someone to model the primary character in the game seems ... weird. So I build this and you take off with it and create the game? You can see where people would be gun shy.

Well i said that because what if you pay someone to do something like that he might do it horribly
    He might model other stuff good but not the thing required for the job
    So thats why I do it. To see your skills for the task at hand.
  • fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    I don't think this is going to work out how you think this is gonna work out, "gamedev29".
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well i said that because what if you pay someone to do something like that he might do it horribly
    He might model other stuff good but not the thing required for the job
    So thats why I do it. To see your skills for the task at hand.

That is what a portfolio is for, and the first job/asset is usually a feeler for both sides
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    Anyone willing to do this without getting paid first is probably not going to be good enough to do a walter white likeness effectively...just a hunch.
  • MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 15
    slosh wrote: »
    Anyone willing to do this without getting paid first is probably not going to be good enough to do a walter white likeness effectively...just a hunch.

qz7ebBA.gif
  • PolywickStudio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolywickStudio polycounter lvl 4
    Stupid question.

I'm not American...

What is Breaking bad video game?

What is Walter White?
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    It's an american TV show about a guy, Walter White, who becomes a drug dealer to pay for his cancer medical costs. He's a brilliant chemist who synthesizes his own crystal meth. Awesome show!
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Like slosh says, its also a study into how far the human condition goes. the show really just degrades to almighty hell by the end - in a good way
  • Leinad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Leinad polycounter lvl 11
    This all seems a bit unprofessional in the way you are discussing payment. You generally make an initial payment to start (at an amount mutually agreed upon for down-payment) and then pay the remaining amount when the project is finished.

Just imagine the reaction you would get if you were trying to hire a cashier, manager, or even a mechanic and your opening line was that they would have to work for free even though you stated that it was paid work in the job advertisement.

It doesn't make sense in that scenario and it doesn't make sense here.

At the very least, remove the [paid] tag as doing free work is not paid work. In the future posting similar jobs should be done in the Unpaid Work forum section of Polycount.
  • gamedev29
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Leinad wrote: »
    This all seems a bit unprofessional in the way you are discussing payment. You generally make an initial payment to start (at an amount mutually agreed upon for down-payment) and then pay the remaining amount when the project is finished.

Just imagine the reaction you would get if you were trying to hire a cashier, manager, or even a mechanic and your opening line was that they would have to work for free even though you stated that it was paid work in the job advertisement.

It doesn't make sense in that scenario and it doesn't make sense here.

At the very least, remove the [paid] tag as doing free work is not paid work. In the future posting similar jobs should be done in the Unpaid Work forum section of Polycount.

I then changed my mind and said i will put it on kickstarter
    And pay for each model before the person gives it to me.
  • Violet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Violet polycounter lvl 9
    I've never seen Breaking Bad, but I know it's the biggest television show of the past five years or so, any marketing deals would be very lucrative and I reckon licensing would be very difficult to get hold of - I think even mentioning this on Kickstarter would get negative interest from 'AMC' which wouldn't do well with your progress in getting anything off the ground!!

Don't give up hope though.
  • Aga22
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aga22 polycounter lvl 11
    have fun getting a lawsuit! :D
  • gamedev29
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think im going to have to make it a unofficial game.
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Here's an idea... strip away the Breaking Bad..and see what you have left of a game...Methcook Tycoon...hell, I would play that game...and you would not have to worry about lawsuits...or the cost of licensing (if it is even up for sale)...

if your game is shit without the Breaking Bad frosting..it's going to be shit with frosting....good luck.
  • gamedev29
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor wrote: »
    Here's an idea... strip away the Breaking Bad..and see what you have left of a game...Methcook Tycoon...hell, I would play that game...and you would not have to worry about lawsuits...or the cost of licensing (if it is even up for sale)...

if your game is shit without the Breaking Bad frosting..it's going to be shit with frosting....good luck.

Thank you for the idea but I think ill stick to my idea.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Thank you for the idea but I think ill stick to my idea.

Cool idea, good luck with it. I'm going back to work on my brothel simulator, 'Game of Groans'
  • MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 15
    Torch wrote: »
    Cool idea, good luck with it. I'm going back to work on my brothel simulator, 'Game of Groans'

"Game of Bones" was RIGHT THERE...
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    MattQ86 wrote: »
    "Game of Bones" was RIGHT THERE...

*Looks at joke shortly after it's been killed*

:'(

MURDERER
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OK, time to lock this thread. I think all the questions have been answered, and y'all have the OP's contact info if you need further clarification.
This discussion has been closed.