Home Quixel Megascans

Quixel Suite Beta/license information

Hi everybody!

First of all i would like to apologize for lack of comunication on our part regarding the end of beta. The reason for this is that we very recently decided to extend the beta with one month. Teddy feels that the program is not stable enough and he wants to rid the program of bugs before the release.

What will happen is that a new release, 1.4 is being put together right now, and it will extend the beta period roughly one month. We hope you can all understand the reason for this and in the end it will result in a better product!

Until 1.4 is released, which should be today or tomorrow you can still use the suite by clicking "Try", this will activate the trial period. The trial period should be deactivated when you download 1.4 so remember to do so. You will only lose a day or two from the trial period. If this poses a problem for you, then we will of course sort that out when the time comes at the end of beta.

We would like to thank everybody who has participated in the beta and given us invaluable feedback! If you have any questions regarding this or the just post them in this thread or send me a private message. thank you for your patience!

Replies

• OBlastradiusO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OBlastradiusO polycounter lvl 11
    I bought NDO2 and DDO a while back before the suite. Can the registration for those transfer?
  • Mark_T
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mark_T null
    The best place to let people know about the status of the Quixel Suite is the main page. Placing the important information on the first page was a very good idea. Straight forward and very efficient.
    Maybe changing "Beta lasts until September 8" with "Beta lasts until October 8" might be a simple and very effective step.

P.S.- This is my first post here, so I will not miss the opportunity to say a big Thank You for creating this product!
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes you will get the new NDO and DDO as a free upgrade!
  • OBlastradiusO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OBlastradiusO polycounter lvl 11
  • Lando_Mange
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lando_Mange polycounter lvl 9
    I have a colleague who is unable to start NDO in the new suite, the Old Ndo2 works fine, but when she boots NDO through the new suite, it just locks up, and the program never starts, and the Suite freezes. It's really weird, and we don't why, we have the exact same machines at work and it works fine for me :O
    Here's hoping a new update might fix this! :)

(btw, the suite is great!)
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Lando_mange - it might be due to unsupported characters in the path, or maybe the project/suite is installed on a network drive?
  • Thaiauxn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thaiauxn polycounter lvl 7
    Hey guys. My BETA ran out today and has stopped me dead in the middle of a pipeline. I tried jumping to the site to BUY IT, and it continuously reverts to the change password page.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. The trial wasn't talking to the registry thanks to a my firewall sandboxing it. Might still want to look into that password screen issue though.
  • allaze-eroler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    allaze-eroler polycounter lvl 11
    Thaiauxn wrote: »
    Hey guys. My BETA ran out today and has stopped me dead in the middle of a pipeline. I tried jumping to the site to BUY IT, and it continuously reverts to the change password page.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. The trial wasn't talking to the registry thanks to a my firewall sandboxing it. Might still want to look into that password screen issue though.

before you buy it, make sure to check if you already buy NDO and DDO, you will get a free upgrade for the suite directly. and you will see something like FRE-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXX in your login. :)
  • Thaiauxn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thaiauxn polycounter lvl 7
    before you buy it, make sure to check if you already buy NDO and DDO, you will get a free upgrade for the suite directly. and you will see something like FRE-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXX in your login. :)

Thanks! I was using commercial Ddo 5.2 at a studio, but that contract wasn't renewed, so I'm going to another company and I'm back on my freelance rig. :p Spreading the gospel of Quixel by bring my PC to the new job. I'm enjoying the classic new kid in school vibe, so every step feels like it's on glass.

Thanks for the great work guys. Cheers
  • Lando_Mange
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Lando_mange - it might be due to unsupported characters in the path, or maybe the project/suite is installed on a network drive?
    Thanks for the reply! It doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the paths though, the suite is on the same location as I have it.
    Which is:
    C: Users\Public\Quixel\SUITE

We tried downloading the new 1.4 version, and reinstalled, and was first glad that it worked. Basically, Photoshop was opened, we loaded the suite and got the get the 1.4 messege, we downloaded that, installed, and started the suite. And it worked!
    But, then shortyl after, my colleague restarted Photoshop, and the suite, and then the problem was back.
    It's weird, I'll try to describe what happens; you start photoshop, and then the suite, but unlike how it's suppose to be, the suite lies "behind" photoshop, so you have to move the PS-window to even acess it and move it to another screen (on my computer the suite is on top from the start like it should be) and when she presses NDO, the program freezes and has to be terminated.
    It's really weird, and I don't get it at all, especially since it worked that one time right after the install O_O
    Any help with troubleshooting would be appreciated :)

Small note, the old NDO2 works fine on her computer as well :O no problems there as of yet...
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Lando_Mange - have you tried only starting the suite and let it start up PS, does that make any difference?
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Thaiauxn - You tell us if the other "kids" are mean to you and we'll show them! ;) Thank you for spreading the word about Quixel!
  • Lando_Mange
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Lando_Mange - have you tried only starting the suite and let it start up PS, does that make any difference?
    Just tried it now, unfortunately it didn't works :/
    It just boots up the Quixel suite, PS doesn't start at all, which it should I guess? And when we press the NDO icon it freezes like before. It's really weird, I can't figure out why, hope you recognise some pattern in all this :)

For me, it worked with just clicking on the suite and the suite, and Photoshop and everything booted just like it should!
  • lanfeng1982
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lanfeng1982 polycounter lvl 13
    Still can't use MEGASCANS
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Lando_Mange - really strange this.. Would you mind listing all the specs on the machine that's having the problem? I assume you have installed latest version of Java since you have version 1.4?
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @lanfeng1982 - Megascans is not yet released. Soon!
  • Lando_Mange
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Lando_Mange - really strange this.. Would you mind listing all the specs on the machine that's having the problem? I assume you have installed latest version of Java since you have version 1.4?

Again, thanks for the continued help with this :)
    Alright, here they are, they're identical to my machine, except for the fact that my colleagues machine has Windows Ultimate and I have Professional (didn't know this up until now)

And yes, I asked and the latest version of Java was installed when she installed 1.4 :)

The computer with problems
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate N
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model Z68AP-D3
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F6, 2011-10-12
    SMBIOS Version 2.4
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale Sverige
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
    Time Zone W. Europe Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8,00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 7,92 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1,87 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 15,8 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 8,02 GB
    Page File Space 7,92 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

and mines are

The Computer that is working
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional N
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model Z68AP-D3
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F6, 2011-10-12
    SMBIOS Version 2.4
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale Sverige
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
    Time Zone W. Europe Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8,00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 7,92 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1,54 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 15,8 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 7,99 GB
    Page File Space 7,92 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Hope this helps!
  • Bertmac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bertmac polycounter lvl 17
    Hey quixel guys
    Thanks for the update
    But
    "The trial period should be deactivated when you download 1.4 so remember to do so."
    How do i do this.

Thanks again
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    When you install 1.4 the trial period is deactivated automatically! :)