Home Quixel Megascans

SOLVED: Photoshop error (0x80042260) dDo

Replies

• Hopkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First sorry for my bad english.
    I try the projects and gave me the same error. When i start ddo for first time i sucessfuly crate project, but now i cant. Sometimes when i close photoshop and quixel suite it gave me this Capture.jpg
    then i cannot close the crash message, and i need to end task quixel suite.
    Also first time when this photoshop error appear i restart windows and thet my desktop was a mess. Wrong collors it looks like my video card is damaged but then i restart again and it runs ok. Sometime when i close photoshop ndo gave me crash but oterwise it works ok
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hopkins - are there any non-alphanumerical characters in the path to the suite or to the project?
  • Hopkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nope. It is strange ddo works fine at the beginning. I am using windows 8.1 and have installed last java 64 bit
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hopkins so its when you create a new project that the Suite crashes?
  • Hopkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No when i click Create Base it not crash but just gives me this Photoshop error (0x80042260), and then if i try to crate neew material, when i click crate it gives me the same Photoshop error (0x80042260). Suite crash when i try to close photoshop but this is not so bad. Photoshop error (0x80042260) is wors beacose i cannot use ddo now
  • Ramrok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Has this actually been solved because I am getting this issue... i hit Shift+C to select a color, and then i pick a smart material... i hit ok, and a similar issue occurs and it show the DDO window pre-render... i close that window and it brings back the post-render DDo window that i was working on with the smart material i added but without a mask... it does not let me click on the right side box to assign a colorID and the mouseover text is just a space, not even a black undefined... i have to right click on the mask box to assign a colorID from the popup window that show the colorID mask.

the only way i can click on the right side box of the smart material to assign a colorID, is if i put that smart material into another folder... this error is happening with every addition of a new smart material.

Using PS CS6 and Quixel Suite 1.8

EDIT:
    http://imgur.com/q68uw0R

the error message is displayed and the pre-render window on the left shows, that i have to close to bring back my project.
  • agrant3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    agrant3d polycounter lvl 4
    Hello, I was running into the same error in my own photoshop quick export script. I got the error when I was using documents that are not at 8bits per pixel.

Eric, I don't know what your tools are doing, but what in my script I duplicate the layer group I want to export into a temporary document. So the fix is to make sure you are making a document that matches the source bitdepth before duplicating.

I also answered with code on stackexchange.
  • Hopkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have find that for some reason my photoshop eyedropper tool was stop working. That's why that error appears. I just reset photoshop setting and eyedropper start to work. Now I can use ddo once again.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hopkins - that is very very wierd and very good information for us! Awesome that it works again and thanks a million for reporting!

Ramrok - I´ve never seen that particular error before, thank you for reporting! Does this also happen when you create a smart material from the library and try to assign a color ID to it? or is it only when you Shit+C click?

agrant3d - thanks for showing!!
  • Utility
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Utility polycounter lvl 7
    Resetting my settings (PS CC) hasn't fixed anything for me- while trying to add a Brass smart material to my mesh via the c+shift+click shortcut in 3DO, I got the same (0x80042260) error. It still makes a material named Brass, but besides an Albedo, there isn't anything in any other section (ie; specular, gloss, etc). I also tried Tarnished Brass, I got the same error, but it also opened a random empty texture, which ended up messing up the project (at this point I have to re-load). I'm going to try to just load a smart texture and see if I can mask out other sections as a work-around, but this is super annoying.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Utility very sorry to hear that!
    Is it only when adding materials with c+shift click or also when adding from smart material library?
  • Olninyo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olninyo polycounter lvl 10
    Resetting tools and photoshop preferences doesn't seem to have fixed this for me either.
    Im running photoshop CC 2014. It's the moment during base creation where dDo attempts to create the masks that it hangs and then comes up with that error.
  • Olninyo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olninyo polycounter lvl 10
    rolling back to v1.7 has fixed this with photoshop CC 2014.
  • DooDee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was just receiving the same error. Running CS6 and 1.8, turning the work resolution from 50% to 100% fixed it. No idea why.
  • RobH2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobH2 polycounter lvl 4
    I just wanted to weigh in. I just bought the Suite a few days ago and all has been fine. All of a sudden I'm getting the Error 8800 everytime. I'm now dead in the water and in the middle of a project.

I've tried everything in this thread on my Win7x64 Pro machine with PS CS6.

I hope this get's solved soon.

EDIT:

Also, I can't link Marmoset without getting a crash. The instant I click the 'LINK APPS' button, crash.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!

RobH2 are you getting the error on startup or while working? Does it happen on all the projects?
  • RobH2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobH2 polycounter lvl 4
    It really intermittent. Last might I spent 5 hours trying to get any project, new or downloaded (AK, Helmet, etc. ) to open without crashing and throwing the Photoshop 8800 error. Today, I have gotten a few downloaded and custom files to open and or build. Then it came back and now it's gone. It's really baffling.
  • RainbowPony
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    To think of all the weeks I spent trying to fix this issue (among all the various and colorful bugs ddo throws every 5 minutes), trying every possible combination of ticked boxes and path names hoping it's the reason for the bug in question...
    This one in particular came and went for no apparent reason ever since i purchased this damned software. Now, It has been persistent, preventing from doing any texturing work for the past WEEK !
    Everytime i plug an ID map and create a base, i get that error (0x80042260).

If any Quixel rep/dev is still around, I have 2 questions :
    1) Has this error been fixed ?
    2) How could you release and sell such a bug riddled and unstable product ? It's by far the most unstable piece of software I have ever had to deal with in my professional life.
    The amount of time it made me waste is just staggering. And the fun part is that I paid money for it :poly121:
  • SirCornedBeef
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Folks,

same problem here. I get this error all of sudden when I want to set a material ID. I got it also several times at the other places mentioned in this thread.

As a note, my projects reside inside a dropbox folder. Maybe it causes problems as well.

Cheers,
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    I had the same problem with PS CS6 and dDo v1.8. Same error codes, triangulated mesh, Quixel shortcut designated to start as admin etc. Here is something you could try that worked for me. Put the mesh in a folder on your C drive, use that folder as the destination folder for your textures as well and the project should start up just fine and give you a preview of your 3d .obj

I have had this happen with Flash as it refused to save to an external drive and everything had to be placed on the root or it would not write. I am an absolute zero fan of putting work files on my root, just remember to shift everything to your external drive at the end of the session.

dDo, great app btw!
    Hope this helps someone,
    Cheers
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobH2 - Could it be that your scratch drives are starting to fill up, or the diskspace of the hard drive containing your scratch drive is low on space? Or have you installed any new antivirus since the problems started?

Rainbowpony - Make sure your Color ID maps are flattened png´s without transparency.

I´m not sure if it´s a bug or related to the input maps, sorry to say there isn´t enough information in your post to determine exactly what the cause of the crash is. But with each release we´re of course trying to eliminate every known bug.

The suite has bugs obviously, as do most software, and we are working really hard at making it better and more stable. For most people it works as intended, I know that´s no comfort for you and Im very sorry that you´re experience so far have been less than enjoyable. If you provide me with details for each problem that you´ve encountered (Here or in an separate thread) and I will try to find a solution for them so you start using the Suite as intended. Really sorry for your troubles so far, but hopefully we turn it around and work it out!

SirCornedBeef - As I said to Rainbowpony, make sure your color input maps are flattened png´s without transparency. Always keep your projects saved locally on disk, problems have been known to occur whenever they are not. Would you mind trying to create a project on a local drive and see if that helps?

Kanga - Thank you very much for your suggestions!!
  • RobH2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobH2 polycounter lvl 4
    RobH2 - Could it be that your scratch drives are starting to fill up, or the diskspace of the hard drive containing your scratch drive is low on space? Or have you installed any new antivirus since the problems started?

Eric, unfortunately no. I have 80GB on an SSD and 100GB on a second one. I've excluded Suite.exe in my Antivirus. I'm running all programs in Administrator mode by manually checking that for Photoshop/Quixel and Marmoset. I've reset the Photoshop preferences. I ran through those fix items again tonight and still no go. Every time I click Create Base, I get the crash in DDO.

Edit: I just read my previous posts that led to your question for me. It's back and here to stay. It was intermittent before but now it's chronic. I can't use DDO.
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deadly Nightshade polycounter lvl 10
    Bumping this. It is marked as "SOLVED" even though it clearly isn´t.
    I´m having the same issue, and it´s not related to non-alphanumeric characters and full scratch disks. Crashes during the "Exploding colors" phase.
  • jpchen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jpchen polycounter lvl 6
    Hi , Im not sure if this was already mentioned before to fix Photoshop error (0x80042260) , but I just figured this out today by troubleshooting this suite. DDO causes that error by adjusting the work resolution below 100 . I have tested this many times and every time it gives me the 0x80042260 error. But when I dial it back to 100 it works like a champ.

Again apologies if this was mentioned but i just wanted to share my findings.

Also if Quixel support should happen to see this message, I was wondering if it was possible to have a second license to add to my laptop of NDO like DDO offers 2 licenses?

Thank you
  • DeadlyVenom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am getting this issue as well, as soon as I create a base with my own project. However, if I use the AK47 sample project it will create the base with no problem, HOWEVER, if I try to use 3DO with the sample project, 3DO will freeze and Not Respond. I was using it all flawlessly earlier then it this problem just randomly starts, so strange.
  • jpchen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jpchen polycounter lvl 6
    What i have found to not crash my DDO with the (0x80042260) error was to not change my work resolution and keep it at 100. I noticed that if i changed that value it wouldn't let me create any maps at all. I tried posting this resolution earlier but haven't seen it post yet, so apologies in advance incase you see a double post .
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More info:
    I have exported a cube and also created a new MatID map from scratch, using the pencil tool to paint out colors. Then I tried creating a new project with cube.obj and my simple MatID map and the software still crashes on exactly the same spot (during exploding colors phase).

I can load the AK-74 example project which means that the problem occurs during the creation of a new project. And the assets are not the cause of it.

Crash only occurs in version 14.2.1 x64
    In the 2014.1.0 version I do not get any crashes when creating a project, but occasionally get a crash with the dynamask editor.
  • sloppymess
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sloppymess polycounter lvl 8
    So I was having the same problem as everyone else (when creating my base material using and ID map It would cause errors), but I finally found something that work for me.

I originally had my Quixel Suite installed to a different partition on my hard drive. I uninstalled it from there and re-installed it to the default location on the C: drive and it worked flawlessly. (It previously worked on my other partition but seemingly out of the blue stopped working) Maybe that will help someone.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for everybody who are chiming in with solutions that has worked for them!

I understand the reasoning behind posting your bug-reports in this thread if you get the same crash report (0x80042260). Unfortunately it is incredibly hard to keep track of everything when the thread stretches 4 pages, and this error message is not necessarily always caused by the same issues. So I would be incredibly kind and helpful if those who still have problems create a separate threat, as it makes it so much easier to troubleshoot. Thank you all :)
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Braddish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I haven't read through the entire thread, so Im not sure if this potential solution has already been posted, but I just fixed my "General Photoshop Error".

Turns out I had quick mask enabled on my document, and this is bad.
    I didn't realize I had quick mask enabled because I had nothing selected, so there was no red quick mask selection to see.

Took me over an hour to figure out:poly117:
  • Deadly Nightshade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think this problem is due to a dozen different things and maybe exiting the quick mask worked for you. I noticed something similiar with the crop tool (which by default is on the C key, which you use in 3DO for applying materials to a ID group): I got a few crashes when the crop tool was active, but overall it was very inconsistent (sometimes the crop tool crashed the suite, sometimes not).
  • iron100
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SOLVED? Where is the solution?
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Iron100 - The stability patch from: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150503
    should take care of this issue!
  • iron100
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Iron100 - The stability patch from: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150503
    should take care of this issue!

Thank you, it works!
  • Eric Ramberg
  • MisterSande
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MisterSande polycounter lvl 8
    new customer reporting in!

So I just bought the Quixel Suite software and have tried for hours and hours to get a workaround for this particular crash. Needless to say, the patch did not seemed to fix this error for me :/

I am using Photoshop 6 X64 bit.

*UPDATE* Somehow I managed to got it to work by reinstalling DDO and photoshop multiple times making sure to always use administrator rights (for the manual updates make sure EVERY file is correctly placed and overwritten)
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi MisterSande, thanks for updating your original post with the solution. Sorry about the hassle!
  • VGuerreiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VGuerreiro polycounter lvl 8
    Hey there!
    So, this error still happens to me.

Here are the screenshots:
    qhYMTp5.jpg?1
    jcd5LUK.jpg?1

I have found through trial and error that this occurs, when I set the
    working resolution to 50%.

The error appears while in the 'Fast Processing Mode'. It gives the error in the first screenshot, then I click OK and it closes the processing thing. After that it goes back to photoshop as if nothing happened, then the second error appears. When click OK, nothing happens.

When I choose to make it process at a working resolution of 100% it all goes well.

Since my computer is not that powerful I'd better of working at the 50% of the resolution...

Thanks in advance.
  • NoiseCrime
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NoiseCrime polycounter lvl 6
    Hi,

I was suffering from this generic error too ( using Quixel 1.8 ), but thankfully discovered the problem in my case.

I was using xNormal to generate several of the maps for DDO and failed to realise that the default settings meant the file format was set to wdp (never heard of it before), which is some Windows Media Photo format. Photoshop does not support this format and will pop up an error if you try to load it directly. Unfortunately PS open dialog does not exclude this file type, meaning it was possible to select these files in DDO.

Simple fix was to re-export from xNormal using pngs (though any proper supported format should be fine).

This is unlikely to be relevant to many of the problems posted here since this error code is quite generic, however I thought it worth mentioning since its possible to do.

I wonder whether DDO could validate the file type of those files selected as maps before importing and flag up any problems instead of just crashing with this error?
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VGuerreiro - You certainly seem to have found a bug! The error mentiones the color ID, make sure there are no transparency in the PNG when you import it to DDO. also, have you tried the latest patch found here
    to see if that does anyting for this issue.

Thank you very much for reporting this Noisecrime!! it will certainly help us in the coming release! And yes, a validation for file types would be ideal!
  • PTRCreative
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, Im getting this error message as well. I have tried what seems to be everything in these forums.

I'm running win 8.1, photoshop cc2015, and ddo 1.8 with the patches. It all worked fine last week, and all my old projects work fine, as well as the sample projects. After selecting the textures to put in the base creator and then hitting the create Base Button, the project crashes when it gets to the "preparing masks" stage then crashes.

does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

Pete
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Pete!

So all the old stuff works, but creating new projects crash every time? this is really really strange.
    Has anything changed? input maps, where the project is saved, version of PS? have you done any registry cleaning lately?
  • Redhead92
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi there

Im experiencing the same problem, whenever I try to plug in my maps it gives me the same problem. I tried using Quixel using administrative rights and turning off firewall (which the girl from help support told me to do) and absolutely nothing :( .... anybody got anything ?
  • dropyhop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dropyhop polycounter lvl 10
    Hey people,

So I was also getting this same error, but after messing with Quixel and Photoshop I found that I was only importing the mesh and the Color ID map. Then I imported basic normal map (#8080FF) and this fixed the error for me. Hope this helps if someone is doing the same as I did.

GLHF
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Redhead92 - you should really switch to 2.0 as I have, its way better! In all seriousness, you get this issue when you create a project?
  • kraemology
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kraemology polycounter lvl 7
    Not sure if this is still relevant, but I was running into the same issue when creating a project, and jpchen's suggestion worked for me. Leave the working resolution at 100 seemed to solve the problem for me.