Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] - Golden Hall - UE4 Project

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Belzzebozz polycounter lvl 6
Hello Boys and Girls,

I stumbled upon some Images of the Golden Hall ( Goldener Saal in German) in Augsburg, Germany.

https://www.google.de/search?q=goldener+saal+augsburg&espv=2&biw=2560&bih=1345&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=xgoKVMqMEoaKONO_gYAG&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Inspired by the Beauty and the amount of detail of the Baroque era
I thought this would be a great Project to develop my Game engine (UE4) and Game Art Skills.
I Am using the Hall more as an Source Inspiration that means that I am not going to copy it one by one.

Part one of this Project is to build a Baroque Hall. But more old, dusty and used.
Imagine that nobody used this Room for a couple of Years or even decades.

Part two: Just the hall could feel a little bit boring. So I am going to mix it up with modern Technology. I am going to place in a modern experimental, futuristic Laboratory.

Based on the fact thats this is more like a showroom and its not going to be used in a real Game I Am not so stiff with the Poly Count. But trying to save so much as possible.

This is my first project in and for the Unreal Engine and there is still a lot I have to learn about
Game Art so I'm excited where this is going to be end.

Also I am using this Thread as a Help against Procrastination. Trying to Post my process in short periods of time.

Tips, dirty Tricks and of course critique is more than welcome!

So lets get started.

Replies