Home Contests & Challenges Archives Arms & Armor, Chivalry: Medieval Workshop

[Chivalry] - Mason Vangaurd - Crimson Crusador, Zweihander Sword and Helm

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
RailbladerX polycounter lvl 8
Hey guys, so I started a little later then I wanted to, But here is a Zbrush block-out with some color to find a color I like. After that it will be time to retopo and make it much more crisp. At the moment all I have is the Sword, Helm coming soon, if I can find a way to make Helmets in a Hoods work (other wise its back to the drawing board).

The Zweihander Sword is a little cartoony at the moment, But it should be along the lines of Ned Starks Great sword from Game of thrones So it shouldn't be too hard to keep its size, and make it look more like a Chivalry Sword.

Hope you guys have fun keeping up with me as much as I do making it!

EfY3UUh.jpg

jqxp1Df.jpg

Replies

• Notes
    Offline / Send Message
    Notes polycounter lvl 4
    Too bad it doesn't fit the Chivalry style as is cause it looks bad ass.
  • zetheros
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator
    Yeah, this is a really awesome sword, but it doesn't really have any indication that it may have existed in the medieval ages, and no traces of zweihander, other than it being a sword shaped object =/

I really like the detail though. Do you have a website?
  • RailbladerX
    Offline / Send Message
    RailbladerX polycounter lvl 8
    Yeeeep, I'm going to try to fit it to the chiv style. Make it less cartoony, and more realistic. (good luck righ? xD )

And yea zetheros I have a portfolio, its in the contact section on my polycount profile.
  • zetheros
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator
    Yeah, it's too bad this model doesn't look really much like a zweihander. If Diablo 3 had an asset store (or a weapon skin store), I would definitely buy one of these.

Checked out your website... really amazing stuff. Have you considered doing assets for Path of Exile? Your artstyle is very similar. Anyway, can't wait to see what the rest of the set looks like!
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexCatMasterSupreme interpolator
    Yeeeep, I'm going to try to fit it to the chiv style. Make it less cartoony, and more realistic. (good luck righ? xD )

And yea zetheros I have a portfolio, its in the contact section on my polycount profile.

Why don't you make a different sword and keep this one in it's sexy state that it's in right now?
  • Nolt
    Offline / Send Message
    Nolt polycounter lvl 13
    Like pretty much everyone else has said, awesome looking sword, but feels a bit too War Hammer. Just looks way too heavy. Maybe if you lengthen the blade and handle to make the heavy details in the middle smaller, it will create a lighter blade. Maybe try that? Stretch it out a bit just to see? :)
  • LuCh!
    Offline / Send Message
    LuCh! polycounter lvl 5
    some thing, it looks bad ass but not right for the game,
    making the blade slimmer will solve a lot,
    btw, remember that its a two handed sword so the part above the cross guard is a grip,
    I would also keep the grips clean, no iron going vertically over it