Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Abandoned Car

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Vincent_DEROZIER greentooth
Hello polycounters!
It's been a long time. Too much work on Assassin's Creed Unity!
Today I decide to take time and share my last work, an abandoned Car.
Who says that I'm a big fan of last of us?! :)

phoca_thumb_l_abandonedcar_vincentderozier_01.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_abandonedcar_vincentderozier_02.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_abandonedcar_vincentderozier_03.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_abandonedcar_vincentderozier_04.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_abandonedcar_vincentderozier_05.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_abandonedcar_vincentderozier_06.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_abandonedcar_vincentderozier_07.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_abandonedcar_vincentderozier_08.jpg

Here is a personal project I have done in 2014. The idea was to create an abandoned car on a organic piece of ground to create a contrast and enhance the Car. Every basic modelisations have been made in 3dsmax, details have been add in ZBrush and texturing in photoshop. I have render the scene in marmoset 2.

Replies

• Immanu'EL Segol
    Wow I'm loving it !!!!How did you make the oil puddle?
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    This is really nice man. Such a mundane subject matter made interesting with excellent execution and a very well done base...love the cutaway layered dirt. I can totally see this crossing Joel and Ellie's path!
  • pgamers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    One thing i have to tell you, its a abandoned car, oke i can see but the glass is just normal no breaks are windows removed etc.
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tires usually don't last that long, especially in a hot, humid environment; consider making the 3 remaining tires to flat; something like this:
    25221823-detail-of-a-vintage-abandoned-flat-car-tire-on-the-side-of-a-road-namibia.jpg

Car windows can remain intact - and, indeed, pristine - for decades. There's no reason, however, that you can't add some visual interest with crazing, dirt, or even a slimy moss:
    enhanced-buzz-wide-10693-1391511690-34.jpg
  • Vincent_DEROZIER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vincent_DEROZIER greentooth
    Hi all, it's nice to have reply!

Immanu'EL Segol---> I obtain this oil puddle effect by adding a secondary relection in the properties of my base material. I add a "Newton's Rings" Secondary reflection. After that I create a mask to chose where I want this effect or not.

Slosh---> Thanks!!

Pgamers---> You mean like the one I have break or the door I have remove? However if you don't spot them it's that my job is not obvious enough I will work on it.

DWalker---> I totally Agree with you, I will retake that.

At the same time I'm experiencing a lot of issue with alpha and transparency in marmoset 2, I don't achieve to have a good alpha test...
  • julian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    julian polycounter lvl 3
    You did a really good job all around I love how you added of a sample of the environment the car would be in. good job keep it up!