Homeβ€Ί Technical Talk

Game engines: I need some assistance 😀

Hello,
I'm a student ( 16 years old), My problem is more of an conflict I have made a lot of assets (about 500) in the past year ranging from fences to sci-fi weapons and lately I have been thinking of making a demo of all my art in a game engine.
My problem is that I don't know which engine to use. I tried unity and all was great in till I discovered that they have no node based material editor, so I tried udk and cry engine and I'm stuck now they both have good material editor's and they both look great.
Which one would you suggest me to use ?
Thank you!!

PS:
Sorry about any spelling mistakes I'm writing this on my phone and I have auto correct on πŸ˜›

Replies

• DireWolf
    I think engine choice is the least of your concern if you're only wanting to show case a model. Just pick 1 and stick to it. Having strong modeling and texturing skills are way more important and that carry over to any engine you might use in the future.

My personal choice would simply be Marmoset Toolbag. Second is UE4.
  • ZacD
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Marmoset Toolbag is great for individual props, but not ideal for larger scenes. Also the material system is not as flexible as the nodes in UE4.