Home Technical Talk

Zbrush - Loading Times

Hello everyone.

The loading time of Zbrush is 5+ minutes everytime I load up my Zbrush save. It has 18m polygons in total.

I know it's a lot, but I have a very good computer that from my knowledge, SHOULD be able to load it faster. It's annoying that I have to wait for so long everytime I open it up :( I have an i7 3770k and 8GB of RAM.

How long does it take for you? Some help is very much appreciated!
-T

Replies

• Abidus
    Offline / Send Message
    Abidus polycounter lvl 10
    I'm assuming you're running on a regular HDD? Do yourself a favor and invest in a Solid State Drive. Never takes me more than a 10 seconds to load the biggest files.
  • kunglao
    Offline / Send Message
    kunglao polycounter lvl 18
    As a rule I always save any zbrush ztool at it's lowest sub div level before closing. In the past I have had to wait a minute or two on a similar setup to your computer Mr T if I had saved a ztool at its highest level. I also had zbrush just hang/crash and once or twice lost the file as it became corrupted.
  • Mr T
    Abidus wrote: »
    I'm assuming you're running on a regular HDD? Do yourself a favor and invest in a Solid State Drive. Never takes me more than a 10 seconds to load the biggest files.

Alright, thanks for the reply! I do have a Solid State Drive, it's just that it's only 120GB and at the moment I only have 19GB left on it. Do you think I should be able to fit Zbrush in that space?
  • Mr T
    kunglao wrote: »
    As a rule I always save any zbrush ztool at it's lowest sub div level before closing. In the past I have had to wait a minute or two on a similar setup to your computer Mr T if I had saved a ztool at its highest level. I also had zbrush just hang/crash and once or twice lost the file as it became corrupted.

Sounds promising! I will definitely include your rule into my saving pipeline! :D Thanks for the reply man!