Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Shotgun critique

Replies

• marcosfd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updating: Added a little blue to specular map, removed most of the scratch with "less is more" in mind and I tried to define the ruberizzed stock and pump but I don't really know what to do more(I've been looking some references on google images)

DSCdYBm.jpg
  • JoshWilkinson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JoshWilkinson polycounter lvl 9
    Are you using gloss maps with your specular, or just specular; the reflectivity isn't pretty uniform. You'll never be able to define multiple materials on a single texture sheet without gloss maps.

Remember that video woot linked a couple weeks ago that showed millenia's workflow? I really think you should rewatch it. One of the videos addresses how he tackled the materials.

On a model level, you have the majority of the model looking functional. I'd still add grooves to demonstrate functionality and visual interest. I'd also consider adding some wood to parts of the gun for the same reason; visual interest. Visual story telling and variety are cool.
  • marcosfd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @BringMeASunkist

I'm using gloss maps. I totally get the reason to add some wood parts, but I don't want to remodel any part of it to add ergonomy because of the material change. On future projects i'll try to add more visual interests based on what you guys are saying here.

Update: Changed the gloss map a little bit, added some real world texture to stock, pump and all the metal parts and added some little scratchs.

RWtHvsP.jpg
    kSPFXYK.jpg
  • marcosfd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update: I wasn't enjoying the result, so I decided to erase everything about the inital texture and started over. What you guys think? (I'll add more damage to missing parts, just posted to get some feedback)

XAlGQ1j.jpg
    c4UQWOn.jpg