Home Technical Talk

3dsmax render problem.HELP!!!!!!!!!?????

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
melviso polycounter lvl 10
Guys,I think the 3dsmax I am using has a bug.or the scene is corrupt or something.I have been having incorrect shadows and I have been battling this for the past 2 months.I just noticed that if I render only the region under the desk in the image,the shadow is there but when I render the whole image,containing the window,there is light seeping through it.
Any ideas??I am thinking of reinstalling 3dsmax,it seems it has a mental ray bug.I am using the student version of 3dsmax 2014.
withwindow.jpg
This is a test scene as I am trying to figure what the problem is. I am using fg.Notice the light under the desk,this happens whenever I render with fg and the window is in the shot.

withoutwindow.jpg
For the image above,I then placed a render selection on only the desk excluding the window (notice the faded square around it). The shadows are there and they render fine. Another thing I noticed is fg has diffuse bounces at 0 yet there is color bleed.
I am using the draft settings of final gather at the moment.

Replies

• .Wiki
    Offline / Send Message
    .Wiki polycounter lvl 8
    You don´t need to reinstall it. Everything works "correct". Final Gather works screenspaced. So when you just render a smaller region you concentrate your final gather rays on this area.

You already mentioned the problem in your entry post. If you use a draft setting you will get lightning artifacts.

Also make sure you are rendering with a gamma of 2.2. You are getting a nearly perfect black value under the table. This is not what you would expect in a real world.

Diffuse bounces of 0 means that you have at least one bounce, otherwise there would be no GI at all. With higher values you just define how much secondary bounces you want.
  • melviso
    Offline / Send Message
    melviso polycounter lvl 10
    Okay,for a moment there I though 3Dsmax was playing tricks on me.