Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Horror Game Character - Eleanor (The Lost Souls)

Hello everybody, I am new here at PolyCount but I follow up with the forum for a long time.

My name is Renato, I just started a two years program in Gnomon School, but I have some experience inside the game industry, I am graduated in Game Design in Brazil and I have some projects release for clients and as my own. I want to leave the programming life 100% by side to focus only on art, design and production. I want to focus on character design but I do a bit of everything for now.

I would Like to post here my new character I am developing the my game called The Lost Souls, it is the second chapter of the game, if you want you can play the fist on Android, OUYA or iPhone/iPad.

You can also play the web version, but there are loots of bugs: http://www.kongregate.com/games/RenO...the+lost+souls

This first chapter i created while I was learning how to model and program, at time I used Maya, photoshop and Unity Javascript to create the game. The game was developed at the beginning of 2011, It took me around 4 weeks to finish it.

You can check the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheLostSoulsGame

Now the second chapter is going to be much more complex and longer, I will use everything I learned working with some freelances, creating games and inside some small studios in Brazil.
This was the first version from the character, this is unfinished but I didn't like too much the desgin and the rigging was too complex.

I developed it at the beginning of 2013 , it was my first pipeline work with ZBrush, Blender, xNormals and Photoshop.

It is a real time renderer testing DX 11 in the Unity 3D Game engine.
Old Version
eleanor___real_time_render__dx11__wip_by_renatoaruffo-d6au8ys.jpg
Old Version

After a few more fast concepts about the character and advance in history I chose this concept to develop the new version of Eleanor:
Eleanor.jpg
I just started the base sculpt, anatomy and volume on Dynamesh
BaseMesh.jpg
That is it for now, I am still working on the base shape, I would like to receive critics and tips on how and what I should work on.

The Lost Souls is being developed for OUYA, Android, Windows Phone, Iphone/iPad and Play Station 3. Hopefully I will be able to reach the new console generation in the future.

Thank you very much everybody, I will keep updating the character!