Home Contests & Challenges Archives UT Master Challenge: Concept Art

UTMC - Shockswitch

The deadline extension spurred me to push forward with a second idea I had bouncing around, and I know I'm cutting it close here.

Map description/fluff: "It's not safe for children to play atop an active orbital ion cannon. Consenting Tournament participants, however..."

Current WIP:

HprEK8G.jpg

Replies

• Rekkin
    Whoops, minutes late. Ah well, now I look silly.

---
    Gave it the best I could in the two hours I had.

ggYHFHR.jpg
  • FirebornForm
    I think your other entry is much stronger, this looks extremely strange and I definitely dont get "Orbital Ion Canon" looking at it. I think it would have to look a lot more techy than the minimal design here. Perspective wise I'm having some issues with the ion-cannon cone doesn't quite look right.

My suggestion would be to clean it up as much as you want, then submit it to the official UT forums concept art section which is pretty much dry as a bone for environments besides awesome stuff from Gooba and a couple others
  • Rekkin
    I think your other entry is much stronger, this looks extremely strange and I definitely dont get "Orbital Ion Canon" looking at it. I think it would have to look a lot more techy than the minimal design here. Perspective wise I'm having some issues with the ion-cannon cone doesn't quite look right.

You know, I really have to agree with you on every point here. I really rushed through this because I wanted to see if I could get something presentable done in a few hours, and that was a bad move. I do want to keep working on this one though, and I'll definitely take your suggestion to put it on the official forum after a bunch of extra work.

Off topic, can I just say I really appreciate how supportive and involved with everyone you've been? You've been in just about everyone's thread offering feedback and advice, and that's just really cool of you to do.