Home Technical Talk

zBrush - Polypaint with Texture

mobpapst
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
mobpapst polycounter lvl 4
Hello guys,

i am on it to make a stone texture out of combined single bricks made in zBrush. After fast sculpting i applied a tileable texture to my brick and polypainted it. But i get these strange artefacts in the middle of the brick:

Here is the sculpted one with no texture paint:

ab4zyfcbdrgg.png

And here you see the brick with the texture on it from different sides:

49j7rb9s8z88.png

7p9hgcrf7hi.png

I hope you guys can help me how to fix this

Replies

• Aabel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aabel polycounter lvl 6
    I'm gonna take a wild guess, you used a default zbrush cube and didn't remesh it before sculpting and painting it with symmetry on?

The default zbrush cube puts poles at the center of the Z axis faces. Just dynamesh and turn off symmetry for texturing.
  • mobpapst
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, as you mentioned it i used a standart cube but without any symetrie. i only subdivded him. now i turned him into a daynamesh and want to apply my texure again but i need to get uv's or polypaint it without uv's. i tried both

the uv's iam doing still look sucky and dont fit and the polypaint always give the same message with uvs or polypaint without uvs.

How can i get my texture on after the dynamesh process?
  • Aabel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aabel polycounter lvl 6
    There's clearly symmetry in your texture, You'll want to find where it's coming from and eliminate it as it's highly distracting.

For recovering polypaint on a sub tool that has been dynameshed, make a copy of the subtool BEFORE dynamesh. Then dynamesh the copy and with the both the original subtool and the dynameshed subtool visible, with the dynameshed one selected as the active subtool, do project all, and it should recover the polypaint from the original subtool.
  • mobpapst
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I understand what you want to say and i've done it but i dont makes any changes. The original piece, that you can see on the pictues above with no dynamesh, got the wrong textures on it. when i project it on my copied dynamesh iam getting the same wrong textures on this second piece. and when i want to texture the dynamesh one again iam getting the same problem with uv's and so on
  • Aabel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aabel polycounter lvl 6
    What are you using to texture it? are you projecting an image on the brick? Based on what you have shown so far I can't tell where the symmetry is coming from.
  • mobpapst
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok. i think its not really clear what i tryed to do here. I followed this video instruction for my wall:

http://pixologic.com/zclassroom/homeroom/lesson/environments-with-tate-mosesian/

My problem now is:

As you can see on the following pictues. I loaded a texture in and filled my material with it.

imn2fncckth7.png

After this i wanted to polypaint my material on the brick:

xze7xzvwucb.png

And as you can see it worked this way, but with this strange seems in the middle. As you mentioned before its maybe from the standart uv of the cube i used to get this. But when iam dynamesh it iam not able to assign any texture because he wanted to have a fit uv that iam not able to make or a polypaint thats doesent work.