Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Feedback please :D

pinkbubblegum
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
pinkbubblegum polycounter lvl 4
Hiya Polycount! Our class' UE4 mod project is nearing its end. Any suggestions and critiques would be great c:

[Edit]

It just occurred to me that we never actually shared the final product with you guys! Here's the video our class made, thanks for all the help!

http://vimeo.com/102967202

[/Edit]

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg

Replies

• TCarneiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TCarneiro polycounter lvl 5
    A little about the background history of this mod project:
    It's an old theather where a magician used to perform. It's the stage and the backstage area where he keeps his stuff and tricks.
    Looking forward for some feedback too =)
  • Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sythen polycounter lvl 10
    Looking good, the spotlight's opacity is a little much, should be a little more translucent. And a rule of thumb, even if you're following horror, is not all shadows need to be jet black.
  • TCarneiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sythen: We are looking for a mysterious/depressing mood. Something that envoke the idea of a place where this magician left his memories/tricks.
    Thanks for the feedback on the light =)
  • pinkbubblegum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sythen wrote: »
    And a rule of thumb, even if you're following horror, is not all shadows need to be jet black.

Oh, that's a good point. We'll definitely need to figure out the final lighting cause we have too many hyper black areas haha.
    Thanks!
  • TCarneiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a small update in one of the assets there were without texture on the scene. It's a Tesla Coil based on the one inside the movie The Prestige.
    YCP2hLd.png
  • TCarneiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Latest update on a light pass. What do you guys think?
    SFaOIEc.jpg
    YnrbMvY.jpg
    iWz87Mu.jpg
    y0pbw9T.jpg
    NiiXR1U.jpg
    h9MXg2O.jpg
    kbAcfmF.jpg
    CIO9nlH.jpg
    CIO9nlH.jpg
    qWcgQhb.jpg
    9R3ZAnn.jpg
  • Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    It's looking pretty sweet so far.

Are you using a regular print screen for your shots in the editor? I ask because it seems alot of the objects are blurry/looks like they're streaming in and out which happens automatically in the editor to save memory while you're working.

I'd recommend launching the scene in the actual game and using "HighResShot 2" in your console to take better pictures if you haven't already (the 2 can be whatever number you want, it's just doubling the image size so you can downsize it for AA/supersampling). That should let your textures and details read more clearly.

Also maybe messing around with the mipmap settings on your textures if you haven't already.
  • TCarneiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback @Deathstick !

I was actually screenshoting the screen yes, thanks for this tip. Here are the pictures taken using HighResShot2. There's also some change on the light.

About the mipmaping our World Builder is aware but since we are going to pre-render the scene, it seems it's not an issue, but i'm letting him know!
    http://imgur.com/a/yzZhU
  • beefaroni
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beefaroni sublime tool
    Looking real real nice! Great atmospheric effects as well.

You gotta remove all UE4 UI elements out of your screens though!! That silly XYZ axis on the bottom left shouldn't be there. Or the object pivot in the first photo. Gets in the way of the nice screens.
  • pinkbubblegum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated the first post with the link to the Vimeo video! I tried embedding it but I kept failing getting it to work for some reason orz