Home Marmoset

Marmoset UV's Exploding!

Hello, I just finished modeling and baking maps on zbrush for this model below and tried importing it into Marmoset for rendering.
The thing is, the model looks perfectly fine without the displacement, but as soon as I set the displacement map, things go nuts and my model explodes as if each face was a different object or something :(
289ymq8.jpg
w0i7ls.jpg

The model and UVs are made in Blender, but I also checked the UVs in Max and both the faces and the seams look perfectly fine.
Also, displacement modifiers in Blender and in Max work just fine aswell.

What is going on here? D:

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You need to smooth your mesh normals (set your model to 1 smoothing group in max terms). Make sure when exporting out of max via OBJ that you have mesh normals included in the mesh export settings. This should fix your problem.

If you want to load a high poly mesh from zbrush, you can actually just load it in directly. Toolbag can handle millions of polygons (performance depends on exact video card though).
  • phrit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh, many thanks!
    That was actually the problem. Since I haven't marked the mesh as "smooth" on Blender, Marmoset thought that each face was a separate smoothing group. Probably would work the same when exporting from Max using the Smooth modifier.

Also, it is good to know that the Marmoset could handle that many polygons, it's just that the original mesh of this model was almost 10kk poly high (for detailed painting and normals) and I wanted this to be "game ready" anyway.

Thanks again!