Home Quixel Megascans

quixel suite stress masks

hey guys,
Is it possible to import my own "stress" masks into the quixel suite? The standard maks are cool but they are heavy repeating on bogger surfaces.

For example the dirt "mask" i would like to change the mask to a own bigger one... but how ?

Replies

• IZZE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IZZE polycounter lvl 8
    The way I did it was to create a custom material. I just imported a map for the albedo and opacity, saved the material under C :Users\Public\Quixel\SUITE\script\presets\Materials\Patterns\ . Then you can select it as the texture to use in the mask editor.
  • David1983
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok cool, many thanx... But lets say i have a simple plain with a rusted metal material, and i like to change the mask with the one i have imported, where excatly can i load / switch the mask / map with my personal one ?
  • IZZE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IZZE polycounter lvl 8
    You can edit the mask directly in Photoshop. When you select your layer in DDo it will also select it in Photoshop. The mask is right there to edit if you need. Or when you enter the mask editor your can edit the mask directly. But I think if you enter the mask editor at a later time, it will erase the manual adjustments you made.

Once you edit the mask manually, select - copy mask to all maps.