Home General Discussion

Cover letter for internship - Tips?

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Kumobrush polycounter lvl 4
I've been looking for a good place to post this thread and I'm hoping the general discussion forum could be a suitable spot

I'm about to start my second year in game art at Playground Squad in Sweden, it's a 2 year course, and as an integral part of it we apply for a 6 month internship by the end of the year, we get to choose the companies we apply to. For this we need to compose a cover letter, a CV and a portfolio. Pretty much like when you apply for a job.

Does anyone have any tips for how to write a good cover letter for an internship for this specific field?
In the entire art area I mostly work with characters (designing, illustrating, modeling etc) and would like to be a character artist eventually- is that something I should mention? Should I let my portfolio speak mostly for me?

I'm pretty lost and would love to hear if anyone could give me some tips on how to put a decent cover letter for this particular area together ;;

Replies

• MagicSugar
    Offline / Send Message
    MagicSugar polycounter lvl 10
    Dear Sir/ Madam:

WHO? (am I)

WHAT? (your internship means to my LIFE)

WHY? (I'm your man)

HOW? (I'm gonna rock your world with ma skillz)

WHEN? (available for an interview)

Best Regards,
    Killa Artist aka Kumobrush
  • Eric Chadwick
    Search and ye shall find

1. Click the Search button at upper left of the forum. Clicking it with nothing in the text field will show you the search options.
    2. Change "Search Entire Posts" to be "Search Titles Only".
    3. Then type "cover letter" in the keywords field and press Enter.

Each of those threads contain awesome advice.