Home Quixel Megascans

Color ID's won't generate Materials

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
acealmighty13 polycounter lvl 10
I'm having an issue with the generation of my materials when I have my mesh and maps loaded for a new project. It appears that some maps won't recognize that they exist on the Color ID and after the generation is complete, it's missing completely from my texture file. I have a Sci-Fi window panel I'm working on and the glass material won't appear when the generation is complete. I'm left with two materials to work with when I should have three. Has this happened to anyone else?

Replies

• akaChris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    akaChris polycounter lvl 6
    same here. cannot get color ids to work consistently over different color id maps. some colors seem to get shuffled around while others don't generate materials at all... which makes it impossible to use the suite in production atm (not complaining!, I know it's a beta :))

also, currently the only way to use smart materials not listed in the link editor seems to be to create a color id map with all materials defined within the project, then saving the preset and applying to a new object/idmap (which results in the problems mentioned above). I guess it might have to do with the varying number of materials defined? maybe the tolerance between colors is dynamically adjusted depending on the colors it can find? could be anyhting tho... most likely a bug ;)
  • acealmighty13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acealmighty13 polycounter lvl 10
    Most likely it is a bug. I thought it'd be fixed with the 1.2 update. Guess not. I found a way to work around it. I just picked a random metal, changed the mask to blank, changed the color to a tinted window. It won't be see through, so the alpha isn't important as it's a minor thing I'm playing with in a map I'm building. I can add alpha to it later.