Home Contests & Challenges Archives UT Master Challenge: Concept Art

UTMC - Liandry Base

R
R
Offline / Send Message
R
Hy everybody! I think, it would be the best the follow the original organic unreal tournament 3 styles and shapes. I think Unreal tournament needs to have high detailed maps and organic shapes like in the last episode. I painted a sci-fi platform with the name of liandry base. Around this arena is a big nature world, with rocks, mountains, vegetation and planets(in the space)

Replies

• FirebornForm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Robert Zagyi. I think this is a well rendered base. Much cleaner shapes than I can pull off! But to me this doesn't feel like Unreal Tournament and instead it feels more like Halo in my eyes. I think it's due to the massively open and barren area. Due to your placement of shapes and minor details.

I don't want to just sayit's too Halo-y and be done with it, maybe if you made another picture showing more of the environment from another angle. Huge room environments have been done before in UT so it's not to say it's out of the range. Try changing up the shapes or making another angle of this environment showing it off some more. You can also play with the colors a bit more add some surface variety, right now everything is this dull metallic green.

Best of luck man.