Home Contests & Challenges Archives Petrol/Blood

Petrol/Blood-Lightbird.

lightbird
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
lightbird polycounter lvl 3
Hey!:)

Coming in late but Im really excited about this contest. My first ever.

IDEA

A sci fi mechanical hornet machine as a mount with a rider who is a young male from the galactic federation. His name is David.

Since I´m not as skilled technically as most artists here, I will have to learn alot, which is great so I´ll be studying different software (Quixel and so on) and the art of creation in 3D while realizing the model and the scene which will be awesome.Yes, it is a huge project especially for a beginner but I will have free days until August 18 (starting my art education then, yippi!!!) so I think I might make it;). For now it is at a very conceptual stage:)

MOUNT

Hornets has such beautiful shapes and dynamics so it is a thrill to try to solve this puzzle while putting him together. I have been doodling a little, nothing major, trying to find a ground. It is still early and nothing is set but the frame is there from which I can build and design the rest.There is still a long way to go. Im sorry about the pen and pencil sheets but Im on vacation with a laptop and I dont have my stylus with me….:)

CHARACTER

The rider of the mount, David, a hero who is about to fight for his people in a deatmatch against the enemy.
The scene will depict moments before the first strike of the battle and one where the rider is preparing the mount.
He will be wearing an artifact as a weapon of choice.
As a matter of fact I´ll uploading videos and progress for those interested!
Good luck to you all!!!

(All comments and crits are welcome!!)

P.S

The story and background info is still in my head so I´ll post it when it takes shape and the time is right:)

Replies