Home Contests & Challenges Archives UT Master Challenge: Concept Art

CLOSED - UTMC: Concept Art 'Final Submission' Thread

Replies

• salvataz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WIP:
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138125

An underground hi-tech excavation site of an ancient Egyptian facility that had some mysterious technological and/or spiritual function. The scientists involved in the excavation are experimenting with the construct to figure out what it is, and maybe reactivate it. At first glance it looks like an electric generator/transmitter, like a Tesla tower or Egyptian pyramid. But perhaps it's hidden functions were only revealed when it finally turned on, making it unsafe for anyone who isn't already willing to die in glorious battle...

This map takes inspiration from Serpentine, my personal favorite map in UT2003. The part that inspired me was having a maze-like floor level that you could fall into, and your gameplay situation would instantly change. I think it added a lot without overcomplicating things.

Final Image:
    Concept1-3b.jpg
  • sativieans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sativieans polycounter lvl 12
    this is my concept for the UTMC contest.
    (WIP: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138160)

the idea is a futuristic industrial fortress smacked in the middle of the ocean surrounded by fog and mist. there's only one way in and out through a bridge and both sides take turns attacking the fortress to the secure it. the laser colors around the building changes depending on which team captures the flag inside.

UTMC_sativieans.jpg
  • ferndogg001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Paragorn IV mining station on the moon of Augustus has been nonoperational for a few years now. The Liandri location scout in the sector took full advantage and purchased the location knowing that it would be a great addition for the tournament.

My concept has the bridges moving up and down while Pods carrying players zoom by from side to side. My interior concept has the doorways, floors, and windows emitting an energetic shield to protect players from the high winds and altitude that Paragorn IV is know for.

WIP thread: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137872
  • Sly.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay, another entry by me with a different theme:
    The Walking Mining Facility, also called the "Liandri Spider".

The WIP thread can be found here.

A small description:
    This is the Liandri Spider, a walking mining facility which can conquer any grounds.
    It is called "spider" since it has 8 legs (of which two are not visible on this concept) and a movable cabin, which could be considered a head with two bucket wheels, basically its "teeth".

The platform on top is used for shuttles to land and transport goods to and resources from the facility. The crew resides on and inside the platform, which is balanced in a way that things don't fall over during movement.
    The setting around it is supposed to be a foreign planet. The idea for such a green setting was the story of the Green World's rebellion. Maybe it could even be that place. ;)

The resolution is 3834x2202 in case this information is in any way interesting or useful.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Let's try this again, shall we? :P

THREAD IS NOW CLOSED.

To all the artists who've entered in the contest: Good luck!

Be sure to Follow us on Facebook & Twitter. In the coming days we'll announce the winner's of the contest as chosen by Epic.

Click here for full contest details.
This discussion has been closed.