Home Dota 2

NEED TO AMEND PROFIT SHARING - anyway to do that?

pixelherder
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
pixelherder polycounter lvl 18
Long story short, me and a friend were working on an item for an esports team - they set up a profit share, but turns out they didnt include my co-creator.

I've emailed them asking to amend it, but on the workshop page it looks like the share has been finalised. I've not heard back from them in a while either, so i suspect they may have washed their hands of it.

Is there any way to adjust it after the fact? Any way of getting in touch with valve?

its a bit of a mess, so if theres anything to do i'm all ears....thanks!

Replies

• MdK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    I don't think there is any way to change it once it has been finalized. Captain Hindsight would say you shouldn't accept it before your co-creator is added. That way it never could have been finalized.

The only way now would be to convince them to delete and resubmit. They seem like pretty shady characters if they are not willing to do this, and I'd almost consider reporting it the better option at this point.
  • mihalceanu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mihalceanu polycounter lvl 6
    pixelherder: Didnt you submited the item? you can reupload it with the right percentages .

I managed to reset the percentage cut on my nexon courier to fit the tournament tiket by asking the(nexon) to speak with valve .

You should have a tiket (workshop item) submited by them , and the item submited by you guys . Both should have the same percentage cuts on them (the revenue is calculated on each item)

If you could proove that you made the items , you can talk with them , and in the worst scenario , you can talk with valve and make a complaint . Be wearry that this will create some potential banning is shenanigans are discovered.
  • pixelherder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the replies guys!
    MdK wrote: »
    and I'd almost consider reporting it the better option at this point.
    not sure how i'd even go about that? no real way of communicating with valve as far as i can tell? I've even used the "chat" with valve console in the workshop, but nothing came of it

mihalceanu wrote: »
    You should have a tiket (workshop item) submited by them , and the item submited by you guys . Both should have the same percentage cuts on them (the revenue is calculated on each item)

If you could proove that you made the items , you can talk with them , and in the worst scenario , you can talk with valve and make a complaint . Be wearry that this will create some potential banning is shenanigans are discovered.

yeah, i have an item with the correct percentages
    then they sent a ticket for the tournament item with the incorrect percentages (which i approved as i assumed everything was still setup the same...INCORRECT!)

How could i talk with valve to complain? i really have no idea how to get in touch!

Also, i dont know about banning, i'm sure its just poor communcication - english isnt their first language either so thats not helping...
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pipotchi polycounter lvl 4
    contact the valve staff through email and not through the "talk with developers" option, because that way someone will actually respond.
    they will probably offer you guys the chance to remake the item with the correct percentages but dont mess around too much or they will just cancel your stuff, make sure you get it sorted quick because they dont wanna spend too much time on it

and next time make sure u have the final percentages before you accept ^^

http://www.valvesoftware.com/email.php

select "dota2 team" from dropdown menu, make sure u leave ur steam name and the name of the ticket etc obviously
  • pixelherder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pipotchi wrote: »
    contact the valve staff through email and not through the "talk with developers" option, because that way someone will actually respond.
    they will probably offer you guys the chance to remake the item with the correct percentages but dont mess around too much or they will just cancel your stuff, make sure you get it sorted quick because they dont wanna spend too much time on it

and next time make sure u have the final percentages before you accept ^^

http://www.valvesoftware.com/email.php

select "dota2 team" from dropdown menu, make sure u leave ur steam name and the name of the ticket etc obviously

wow - thanks for that, never saw the "dota 2 team" amongst the dropdown options before, so i've sent them a message.
    Whatever happens thats the best shot i have of sorting it out, so thanks again!