Home Contests & Challenges Archives Petrol/Blood

PETROL/BLOOD - Biker

So I'm finally getting round to coming up with some ideas for this competition and I've decided to do some kind of futuristic sci fi biker woman.

I've gathered a few concept images to be used as a reference and I'm taking inspiration from a few places such as Catwoman in the Dark Knight Rises.

I really liked the idea of doing a bike as I wanted the vehicle/character to have equal focus and not have a driver stuck inside a car or mech etc.

I also wanted to do a girl biker as I haven't attempted to do a female character before.

So here are few images I'm taking inspiration from and I'll update this thread once I figure out my design and as I do some blocking out. I'll probably be starting with the bike.

rVQijMr.jpg
bNzE1lV.jpg
eLQSkHE.jpg
L4qZL8q.jpg

Replies

• Rupert Levin
    I've now started blocking out the main body of the bike.

I started by using EP Curves shaped around the main body and then lofting them. After that I converted the NURB surface to a Polygon, added some edge loops, cleaned up a bit and extruded some edges to make the underside and to shape up the nose.

I'll update some more when I clean up this a bit more and make a start on blocking out some more.

fDClhcA.jpg
  • Rupert Levin
    I've started adding some extra detail into the body of the bike before moving on. There are still some changes to be made and some extra detail to add but im happy with the result so far.
    ZLFBfFR.jpg

I'm basing the main body for the bike off of a piece of concept art I found and I'm going to make a lot of changes. I think my final result will have completely different wheels, handle bars, rear exhaust, and obviously mine is gonna have guns.

8fpbupw.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rupert Levin
    Hey thanks for the feedback Teiyaki, I was going to wait a bit before I did that when more of the blockout was completed at the moment I'm just kinda experimenting with some ideas but your'e right on my next update i'll put in a better render. :)
  • Rupert Levin
    So I was thinking something like this in order to turn this bike in to a hoverbike. It sets it apart from the concept image and will fit more in line with my overall idea. I like this idea for the thrusters as it kinda still gives the illusion of the tire shape and gives a reason for the wheel arch to be there.
    uTYWhxM.jpg