Home Contests & Challenges Archives Petrol/Blood

PETROL/BLOOD - omneom

omneom
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
omneom polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys !

I love mechs, and kinda wanted to do one, along with pilot for quite a while. This is supposedly a repurposed deforestation mech, equipped to fight in the arena.

Being a great fan of the Homeworld series, the pilot will be "integrated" into the mech body, assimilated if you so wish, so the actual connection is actually more physical than normal :D. The pilot is able to "detach" from the mech so it'll need some connection hubs and sorts.

I'm not great at character design and such so i guess I'm participating to hone my skills and have some fun along with you guys !

Best of luck !

First post reserved for updating concepts/ images, allthough i guess I'll also be posting them in the thread.

HrAYsu.jpg
Ln00rG.jpg
ahXiHI.jpg

ps: the pilot will be integrated inside teh mech.

And a question: I didn't really understand, but does the mech and character have to use one 4096 texture map, and we're allowed to use separate 4096 for the mech and rider and another one for the diorama ?

Thnaks !

Replies

• jeebs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeebs polycounter lvl 11
    now that's an awesome design! I think you can use separate textures for driver, mech and diorama. 3 textures total, if I'm not mistaken. this was mentioned in the rules.

• omneom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    omneom polycounter lvl 6
    Hey mate !
    Really glad you're digging it, still needs a lot of work to make everything funcitonal and nifty, wanted to do a mech for ages, never had the time to. And now since I'm unemployed, things have changed :D .

Thank you for clarifications.

Does anyone know how to do damage for the post battle-scene, I'm not really sure how to go around it, I'd like an arm ripped of and big holes in the hull, with the pilot exiting the mech and being ripped to shreds :D. I was thinking some floating geometry/ textures (but would look kind of meh) or some "duplicate" geometry. Will have to think about it. Mech is pretty big and needs enough resolution.