Home Contests & Challenges Archives Petrol/Blood

PETROL/BLOOD - Lord Fryingpan

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Lord Fryingpan polycounter lvl 12
So I've got this thing started. I'm aiming for some sort of grungy diesel punky walker based on WWII army bikes, vaguely inspired by a Toriyama illustration. We'll see how things develop.

Here is a quick concept and blockout for the vehicle

rcKWvn5.jpg

Replies

• Lord Fryingpan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goal for today : get the hip junction done. My idea for this vehicule's is that the hip and knee for each leg are each powered by a different engine, while the foot and ankle articulations are powered by way of hydrolic actuators.

4IIaO1b.jpg

Engine A powers the Hip, but the energy to power the knee has to go from Engine B through the hip articulation, by way of a ball joint transmition. The hip shield drives the leg left and right, pushed by a pair of actuators. I'm starting to believe I'm overthinking this a bit.

x3V1jFF.jpg

So here is a top view with all the parts piled up.

OQWY8g5.jpg

The red part, i'll call the hip distributor, rotates up and down, sliding against the orange part, which is Engine B, and on the other side the leg, in lime green, pivots left to right against the distributor, driven by the teal part.

joIMAF1.jpg

Teal part is attached to the hip shield, in green, and follows the leg up and down. The shield is driven left and right.

Hip distributor has to rotate about 120° along its horizontal axis, and the leg has to rotate sideway about 60°.

Now let's get shit done.
  • Lord Fryingpan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So, objective reached.

mjRPkCR.jpg

t19tkbP.jpg

kpEuaI9.jpg

Tomorrow should see the hip actuators and knee articulation.
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    Man, this is delicious. Engineering in game art.