Progress: In Prog Done Not Even Started
  • Concepting
  • Retopped LP
  • HP Detail Sculpt
  • Retopo
  • Texture
  • Make Small diaroma enviroment
  • Present
Started with the basic idea of joining a Hot Rod and a tank together to create a speedy Racer with the Monstrous firepower of a tank

Moodboard:

MoodboardHOTTANK.png

Replies

• Anthricus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anthricus polycounter lvl 5
    Current Character update

hottankchar.png
    Tempted to keep the army helmet off or maybe just use it as a shoulder pad on the guy.

Stylised the head a bit more to make him a bit more strong and angry looking!

C&C Welcome
  • Anthricus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Screenshot2014-06-21160106.png
    Current Character progress WIP

Ignore the crappy shoes im gonna make an actual mesh for them and get some nice Doc martens style boots in there :)

Comments and crits pleaseee :D
  • Anthricus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Screenshot2014-06-26125519.png
    Quick update making my biker guy , getting some patches onto the jacket and some rings on the hands ,

Still havent touched the boots but I will do soon!

C&C Please guys I need it!
  • Nacho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nacho polycounter lvl 5
    Hey man! I'm happy to see a cartoony hot rod guy, really nice! I did some liquify for your biker proportions,hope you don't mind. I touched it in some parts because I felt it a little squary and thought this way will give it a bit more of realism (like that awesome face) Hope this can help you a bit :)
  • Anthricus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I dont mind at all but cant see any image dude :P look forward to seeing your suggestions and im glad you like it so far :D

If you can think of any accessories to add that I have forgotten then its cool to suggest them :P
  • Nacho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nacho polycounter lvl 5
    Sorry, I forgot it! EDITED
  • Anthricus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No problem dude :D I like your facial tweaks , the gaunt face makes him look far more imposing , Thanks a lot dude! Il get on it
  • Anthricus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Screenshot2014-07-01150143.png

painting in Progress!
    Not really sure what to do with the trousers, any ideas>? im thinking either plain combat trousers, jeans or maybe some camo jeans.

C&C please, im not afraid of harsh critique! :)
  • Anthricus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Final update for this evening!
    Screenshot2014-07-01182925.png

Bullet belt will soon contain Beer Cans and Tank Ammunition!

Also a Polycount Greentooth skull and crossbones :D
    Screenshot2014-07-01181403.png
  • Dan!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan! polycounter lvl 6
    I like where this is going. IMO I think you could push the proportions of the vehicle more. i.e. larger engine-bigger pipes, Smaller chunkier gun on the turret. I imagine ths dude squeezing out of the top of the tank.
  • Suba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suba polycounter lvl 5
    Really cool character man ! :D

I like the folds you made, especially on the pants, very cool work.
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TorQue[MoD] polycounter lvl 19
    ha ha Hotrod tank! That's so awesome! Think you should stick with the stubby barrel on the tank though.
  • Anthricus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Suba Thanks a lot man :D

@Dan! & @TorQue[MoD] Cheers guys!

I have made a quick photoshop just so i know what you mean :P
    I have increased the engine size and made the barrel of the gun nice and stumpy :P

Please drop me some more comments anytime guys :D I really appreciate the input and critique!

Photoshoped Progress render ( I hope this is along the lines of what you guys are imagining! ):

ShoppedTank.png
    Old progress render:

testrender2.png

Once i have retopped my guy, I will see how much of him i can squeeze through the hatch haha :P
  • audi100
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    audi100 polycounter lvl 11
    hey, like where this is going.
    Looks like you have not put too much thought yet into the front part but would definetely add something to the pipes that come out of the engine. Maybe let them merge into a bigger pipe thats somehow attached to the frame of the tank?

Actually thinking of it the whole design would also work quite nicely without the whole engine part + frontwheels (more chubby)
  • Safemilk(Daniel)
    Digging this a lot, love the character's style. I like that you ditched the helmet, I usually am all about helmets but in this case I think his hair adds way more character.
  • Anthricus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Safemilk(Daniel) Still trying to decide whether i should put the helmet as a shoulder pad haha, but may end up just having it as a prop!

@Audi100 definately trying to get the pipes thicker will help make it look beefier!

Not 100% whether to join them up and run them under the tank but I am gonna have a play then see what you think :D

Heres some current updates trying to get it a lot chunky and stylised to fit the character!

NewCHunkyTankTestrender.png
    NewCHunkyTankTestrender2.png
    If anyone has any tips or tutorials on how to create the tire tread for the front wheels please share :D (Im not sure whether to model it and bend it around the base tire as floating geo or use a displacement map)

C&C Welcome as always and Thanks a lot for all the love so far guys its really helping me to stay driven and get this done :D
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TorQue[MoD] polycounter lvl 19
    This is what I'm talking about when I say stubby...
    stubby.jpg

To me it just looks weird with a barrel. The entire vehicle is stylized so I'd drop the barrel all together.

And I can't remember what the art style is called, but you totally have to make the character for this thing look like on of Rob Zombie's cartoons :P

0.jpg
  • Safemilk(Daniel)
    Maybe you could do something like in the pose, the helmet is bouncing off of his head and the straps are flailing out or something? I like Torque's idea for the barrel too, it sort of fits with the rest of the feel of the tank.
  • vylanxinh123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anthricus wrote: »
    When a beefy man loves a beefy vehicle. Current Character Update: Screenshot2014-07-01182925.pngScreenshot2014-06-26125519.pngCurrent Vehicle Update: NewCHunkyTankTestrender.pngNewCHunkyTankTestrender2.pngProgress: In Prog Done Not Even Started
    • Concepting
    • Retopped LP
    • HP Detail Sculpt
    • Retopo
    • Texture
    • Make Small diaroma enviroment
    • Present
    Started with the basic idea of joining a Hot Rod and a tank together to create a speedy Racer with the Monstrous firepower of a tank Moodboard: MoodboardHOTTANK.png
    ống lăn khử mùi
    ong lan khu mui
    chăm sóc cơ thể
    cham soc co the
  • Anthricus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is what I'm talking about when I say stubby...
    stubby.jpg

To me it just looks weird with a barrel. The entire vehicle is stylized so I'd drop the barrel all together.

And I can't remember what the art style is called, but you totally have to make the character for this thing look like on of Rob Zombie's cartoons :P

0.jpg

That is an awesome idea, I am definately going to change to that stubby barrel , might try and make some nice chunky rifling on the inside :P Thanks for the crits dude!

Haha that is some awesome album artwork for sure dude :P il have to try and sculpt some flames or smoke clouds spraying out the exhausts for my final diorama :P
  • Anthricus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updates People!

Chunky Barrel
    Check
    Flamethrower Barrel
    Check but not sure whether i will keep it in or not :D
    Wheels --- In Progress, I need help i think they look kind of sucky gonna try and find a few tutorials unless anyone has some suggestions :D
    BadHogFlamer1.png
    BadHogFlamer2.png
    BadHogFlamer3.png
  • Anthricus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated Wheels! C&C please i need all the help I can get :D

Gotta put somewriting around the tire wall and eventually the clean/ smooth bit will be a white wall on the tire :D
    wheelnthat2.png
    wheelnthat1.png