Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

[Unity3D/2D] Need Help With 2D RPG

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Clouder polycounter lvl 6
tumblr_n8cvt8OikR1txoyi3o1_500.png

I WANT YOU

…TO HELP ON OUTSHAFT!

Progress on the game is going great, but we have insufficient staff to make work easier and not have the workload rely on only seven people! We need Spriters for the characters and objects, a 3D Modeler for environments and more people/artists to help with concepts. Some of the requirements are that you use Skype (as that is our main method of communication), and have a Dropbox account to share files with.

If interested, send us a PM! Be sure to include a link to your portfolio and/or some references to work you’ve done in the past!

PLOT:

In the distant future, on the planet known as Terra, the once-popular scientist and public figure, Dr. M, has passed the peak of his popularity. As he continues to age, his younger competitor, Samuel Ander, is slowly becoming what he used to be. As time passes, Dr. M formulates an elaborate revenge plot that will not only get Samuel Ander out of the way, but grant him control of the entire world.
In the town of Cityburg, shortly after Samuel Ander is awarded a prize from the mayor, he receives a call during dinner asking him to come to the Invention Expo north of Republia [America] in Maplend [Canada]. He accepts the offer, and says goodbye to his wife Margaret, brother Wally, and his son Alex Ander before leaving.
After his departure, an earthquake strikes Cityburg and several other places around the world- including the Invention Expo. After Alex discovers a clue that the earthquake's origin was not natural, he goes to find out the truth about his father and meets more challenges on the way, including the once-abused manchild Glitch, the entire military of the terrorism-stricken country of Muskhena [Russia], and more with the help of Cardi, an anthromorphic cardinal with an overflowing personality, Mallory, a nine-year-old girl with a liking for fire, and Doyle, the heir of the throne for Regalis [England], the archenemy of the country of Muskhena.

Some random stuff we have:

AlexAnderSprites.png

Some sprites of ours.

m9FREUs.png

A beta drawing/concept of the main character's hometown.

Cro0lAL.jpg
84A6c96.jpg
Two concepts of some of the characters from the game.

Replies

• Third
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm assuming you're taking the role of Game Designer? So far you've touched a bit on the plot, but the most interesting thing of a game design is the Gameplay. What is the setting, what are the 'verbs' of play, what's the goal in each level? Step by step, what would a player do? And why is it interesting or exciting to the player? Answer these questions and you'll be much closer to an actual game.

Looking at the game from a gameplay perspective is good practice. Maybe include some sketches on how you envision the final game to look, HUD and all.
  • Clouder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Third wrote: »
    I'm assuming you're taking the role of Game Designer? So far you've touched a bit on the plot, but the most interesting thing of a game design is the Gameplay. What is the setting, what are the 'verbs' of play, what's the goal in each level? Step by step, what would a player do? And why is it interesting or exciting to the player? Answer these questions and you'll be much closer to an actual game.

Looking at the game from a gameplay perspective is good practice. Maybe include some sketches on how you envision the final game to look, HUD and all.

1. Yes, I have taken the role of Game Design Director.
    2. The setting is sorta like a modern Jetsons, being set in 2254 A.D., except that it's not like the whole world has been absorbed in technology, or robots have taken over the earth or some kind of steampunky thing. It's just your average world.
    3. There are no levels or anything, as it is an RPG. But the ultimate goal is to stop the villain from possibly destroying the earth. How does he do this? Well you're gonna have to either join the team or wait until that game's released to find out. Now I'm not one to think about what other people would feel when playing this game, but the writing we've done is made in a way so everything isn't generic rpg quest number 3298302580, so we want you to can't wait until you pick it up again all the way through.
    4. I WOULD do some gameplay sketches, but I'd have to work on that ;-.-. I'm the character guy, not the scenery person. But I am handy with photoshop, so I do make mockups on how the HUDs and stuff are supposed to look.
  • Clouder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Clouder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bump. Revamped the OP.