Home Dota 2

Imma need some help!

DestroyerGR
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
DestroyerGR polycounter lvl 5
Hello guys,i have been practicing with different models around this forum(JUST PRACTICING,I DONT MEAN TO SUBMIT THEM)
So i took noblebatterfly's concept: 3ff6891483.jpg( which can be found here ) and i reshaped a bit to give it to pudge.
so here is my model! 2w5972a.jpg
I dont know what to do next..I need to have an item with 350 polys and mine has millions..( Retopo??? :? )
(Dont judge the model itself,i just need your help to proceed)

Replies

• Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Yes, you need to retopo, which is basically making another 350 TRI (not polys specifically) model that fits the general shape as best you can. That should be pretty easy on this model shape.

Then on to baking.
  • quockhanhlk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    quockhanhlk polycounter lvl 11
    I think you could use sth from this tutorial by Lennyagony, look for the low poly part and the parts below that.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=123397498
  • DestroyerGR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hm,is there any tutorial which shows how to retopo?
    I've downloaded 3D coat,but i keep getting a memory error,every time i try to retopo a model! :/
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BohSheh polycounter lvl 9
    you can do it in 3ds max
  • DestroyerGR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BohSheh wrote: »
    you can do it in 3ds max

well i am using blender.. :/
  • Shadownami92
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shadownami92 polycounter lvl 7
    There are tons of ways to do this in Blender.

Some people make a place and then place it on the model and then use the shrinkwrap modifier and start extruding faces.

Personally I collapse a plane into a single vertex and just use the snap to face object and then extrude verts to draw edgeflow and then I fill them in by selecting verts or edges and hitting F to fill them as quads or triangles.

There are also ways the draw the topology using the grease pencil and the BMesh system.

You can find tutorials on the different methods here http://cgcookie.com/blender/category/tutorials/modeling/retopology-modeling/
  • DestroyerGR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There are tons of ways to do this in Blender.

Some people make a place and then place it on the model and then use the shrinkwrap modifier and start extruding faces.

Personally I collapse a plane into a single vertex and just use the snap to face object and then extrude verts to draw edgeflow and then I fill them in by selecting verts or edges and hitting F to fill them as quads or triangles.

There are also ways the draw the topology using the grease pencil and the BMesh system.

You can find tutorials on the different methods here http://cgcookie.com/blender/category/tutorials/modeling/retopology-modeling/

THanks for the tip,but here is what happened when i installed bsurfaces.
    20gnmea.jpg
    Wtf did i do wrong?Please help :/
  • motenai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    before retopo i'd spend some more time on your sculpt.
    What i see is that you used zbrush just to add some incisions to the blade, while the rest of it still looks like a lowpoly model.
    Spend some more time on the blade, making the hard edges a little less hard for esample. Your highpoly model doesn't have any restrictions in terms of quality and polycount, so get the best out of it!
  • DestroyerGR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai wrote: »
    before retopo i'd spend some more time on your sculpt.
    What i see is that you used zbrush just to add some incisions to the blade, while the rest of it still looks like a lowpoly model.
    Spend some more time on the blade, making the hard edges a little less hard for esample. Your highpoly model doesn't have any restrictions in terms of quality and polycount, so get the best out of it!

Well bro,i have created a ton of items and i am always stuck in this point,right before retopo..
    I did not spend much time on this item,cuz i did it just for practicing.
    If i manage to retopo properly i will give in a better shot,but i can't :(
  • amadeus.mozart
    I did not spend much time on this item,cuz i did it just for practicing.
    (

If you just do it for practicing you can invest more time in each process.
    You'll find out that is much satisfying if you just put more effort into it. and in time you'll see progress. Also i sugest you to get some tutorial to have an ideea what each process mean. You can watch motenai videos on youtube those are very helpfull. Cheers
  • DestroyerGR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you just do it for practicing you can invest more time in each process.
    You'll find out that is much satisfying if you just put more effort into it. and in time you'll see progress. Also i sugest you to get some tutorial to have an ideea what each process mean. You can watch motenai videos on youtube those are very helpfull. Cheers

Bro focus,thats not my problem.My problem is that i cant retopo for some reason!If i could,i would put more effort,but now i know that i wont be able to complete the process,so no effort..

Any help when it comes to retopo at blender/Zbrush?
  • amadeus.mozart
    don't know about blender but you can retopo in zbrush, although i didn't use it look for a tutorial on youtube to understand the basic and then u can start retopo right-away
  • DestroyerGR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I saw motenai's tutorials and i gave it a go,so here is my low model i created next to my high model!
    262wd1j.jpg

Is this the way its done?

Ps i forgot to create the opening in the blade,i fixed it now!
  • motenai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    the lowpoly is looking good to me, but be sure to triangulate some of those polys on the blade cause the polyflow you have now is a bit stretched.
    Plus for showing purposes it's always best to make the wireframe lines pop up on the model, so people can check your topology instead of guessing it :)
  • DestroyerGR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai wrote: »
    the lowpoly is looking good to me, but be sure to triangulate some of those polys on the blade cause the polyflow you have now is a bit stretched.
    Plus for showing purposes it's always best to make the wireframe lines pop up on the model, so people can check your topology instead of guessing it :)

well thanks,i am glad i ''learned'' how to do it,and i am grateful,cuz your youtube videos helped a lot!Thanks!