Home Dota 2

Changing ingame animations (Like Attack and ability animations)

I have a concept-idea for a pudge hook but it needs to change attack and ability animations, it needs very basic animations so I know I can learn very very basic animations in a very short time but I dont know how can I apply this to ingame to test and how can I extract current animations from game files so that ı can play with them.
And to be specific I need to do this things;
-I want to make a animation that will change weapons style when pressed to "Q"
-I want to make another animation that will change hook position when clicked to a creep or a hero in order to attack
İf you guys can help I would be so happy! I will try to post a concept later but my tablet broken so I have only hand drawings about it.

Replies

• heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    I know the likely hood of getting new animations actually published on heroes is very very small, but as far as I'm concerned there is "no reason"**** you cant bring in custom animations to try stuff out. It involves alot of backend magics and source know-how that I never wanted, or bothered to learn because of the relic that is compiling. I'll leave that to those much braver than I.
    cagdasx44 wrote: »
    -I want to make a animation that will change weapons style when pressed to "Q"
    -I want to make another animation that will change hook position when clicked to a creep or a hero in order to attack.
    This sounds like you want to re-program dota.

Please keep in mind that the animations are JUST the aesthetic goodness that is applied to a hero. You can't reinvent the wheel or rewrite the code.

****= Like I said idk much about importing anims to heroes, so I could be making stuff up.
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thx for reply Heboltz,
    I hope there is a way to do it, but even if there is a way it will probably be very hard.
    Should I quit it while I can??
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    If you want to import custom animations that replace pudges animations. Go for it.

If you want to change skill buttons to do certain new events when you hit a key. You aren't going to get that to work.
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I will go with custom a animations.
    And about the skill thingy, when you press "Q" pudge stops right there and pulls his hook up, this is also the reason people can trick enemies, they press Q and leaves it and presses Q again so there is a animation in Q button, I just want to change animation a little bit. I hope you understand, dont know if ı killed english?