Home Technical Talk

Perspective Veiwport Not Displaying Anything

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
daniellooartist polycounter lvl 12
Hello guys. I appear to have an issue with the Maya veiwport. My mesh will not display no matter what mode i'm in. It's completely blank with no mesh in sight, yet the HUD is still giving me a tri count.

I have noticed that all my other veiwports are working just fine but framing the object won't fix the issue, therefore I figured it would be a setting or some value with the perspective view. I closed and reopened the file with no luck. I temporarily deleted my preference folder to see if some odd setting was causing it, but no luck there either.

After viewing my camera's attributes, I noticed my camera's translation values have a value of "1.#QO." I panned the camera to see what would happen. The values turn to "-1.#IO." I attempted to reset all of the transform values to zero then freeze them with no luck.

According to some Google research, the QO and IO values represent floating point errors ( http://www.wiremod.com/forum/expression-2-discussion-help/27384-1-qo-error.html )

Even if they are floating point errors, I still don't understand why I can't have Maya simply let me reset them. This is the point where I have to raise the white flag. I'm simply at a loss of what to do. If you guys need any more information, just let me know. Below is a screenshot and info on my system in case it becomes important.

http://i.imgur.com/LT2kksy.png

Maya Version: Maya 2012 x64
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad /w 4GB of RAM
Video Card: GTX 460 /w driver version 332.21

Replies

• Harbinger
    Offline / Send Message
    Harbinger polycounter lvl 8
    Try making a new scene and do a File -> Import of your entire old scene. It's a work-around to get brand new cameras in case something wacky happens with your old cameras. I end up doing it a lot when switching from Z-up to Y-up coordinate systems, as the cameras still get screwed up when doing that.
  • daniellooartist
    Offline / Send Message
    daniellooartist polycounter lvl 12
    Thanks for the reply. I was using a second persp camera for awhile but I figured out what was causing it. The problem was isolated to a preps camera attribute called shape/center of interest. It also had a float error value. I had to change that to 1 first, then I could modify the translation to whatever I wanted without an error. All is good and resolved.