Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

DOTA2 - all heroes weapons - concept challenge (WIP)

null
Hello there polycount!

A few days ago i gave myself a challenge to draw weapon for every single hero in DOTA2 (if hero uses weapon, some of them are magic users that don't have anything in their hands etc so i will pass those).

I am not aiming to do crazy "overthetop" items, most of them will use only color palette that is mirrored from original hero weaponry/base model.

This post will be updated often, as soon as there will be something new to show.

Some of the concepts shown here are actually modeled to 3d, and will be uploaded to steam workshop as a collaboration between me and Vermillion Wlad, well known steam workshop contributor.

[ for easier browsing - for those that do prefer imgur, here's the full album with newest piece on the top ]
Cheers!

mirana
UMB4Ldi.jpg
vengeful spirit
utB1Xn3.jpg
faceless void
1CIQ9K5.jpg
elder titan
rUKGSVg.jpg
outworld devourer
2wxAByF.jpg
slardar
bsPbm6g.jpg
chaos knight (possible remake for dragon knight soon)
lIgh3wK.jpg
phantom assassin
vaChl3p.jpg
slark
HVTScW5.jpg
bounty hunter
HEuI8gX.jpg
centaur warrunner
BrLFThU.jpg
magnus
h6PweBI.jpg
antimage (dual wielded weapons)
HlvsOmu.jpg
axe
4Ropr1J.jpg
blood seeker
PbV23up.jpg
ogre magi
2f4VjcD.jpg

Welp, so i have just hit the 16 images cap... More updates will come straight to the imgur album.

Thanks for your time!

Replies

• DefiledVisions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DefiledVisions polycounter lvl 4
    Love these man! good job on the designs. The sillhuettes are strong and the design relates well to the hero you've made them for. Do you have any images of your concepts turned 3d? would be cool to see as well :)

looking forward for more!
  • thetanapta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thetanapta null
    Huge update bellow:

Riki
    8A3o9k9.jpg
    Doom
    MY68FCK.jpg
    Bounty Hunter
    wN86Bjh.jpg
    Faceless Void
    J0piNhk.jpg
    Huskar
    0vAXU0r.jpg
    Phantom Lancer
    lNSF2uE.png
    Dragon Knight
    xa5uaYj.jpg
    Silencer
    sIrYHXw.jpg
    Wrath King
    F10Bfhn.jpg
    Disruptor
    32eWUtG.jpg
    Radiant Tower concept (base customisation?)
    9b8iFtj.jpg

As always - you can check full imgur album here
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    wow, great work! you really nailed the personality and style of every hero, for most of them I dindt even have to read the text to see what hero it was.
  • GhostJaw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice pieces!!! As lotet said I didn't even have to look at the text to know which hero it was. However I thought I would take a chance to give you my thoughts. I believe that the Riki blades have too much fine detail around the hilt to make it in game, looks great though. The slardar weapon I thought was a Skywrath Mage item, actually would work perfectly I think. Slark usually has thicker and curved blades, I love the idea, but it kinda would look funny to me with Slark wielding a thin and straight blade. The Silencer shield looks like it is missing something. And lastly, Phantom Assassin doesn't really wield swords so it seems kinda odd to imagine her wielding one, I love the butterfly reference though! Hope this helps and I hope that your stuff makes it in game!
  • JelleS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Though I'm not really familiar with Dota 2 characters, I really like some of the designs! Makes me wanna paint some as well.
  • ArtViktor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brilliant light work! Even though lots of the designs have the same sillhoutte you did a great job creating diversity and interesting forms =) All the thumbs up!
  • ZeroCartin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZeroCartin polycounter lvl 16
    Great work! Lovely style, and each item has alot of strength and nice proportions. Good job!