Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

DTA HTI Sniper Rifle

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Xpert polycounter lvl 9
First model post on here. Just need some feedback on this model I made a week ago. Only Low Poly model with normal map. Next phase is to texture it, looking forward to that.

Also ill add some renders of the High Poly for those who want to see.

Replies

• Gazu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu polycounter lvl 12
    Can we see Reference Pictures that you have used?
  • Xpert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xpert polycounter lvl 9
    It was a lot. I used videos from the manufacturers YouTube page and website, and various from Google. Didn't save any on my PC except the left and right view.
  • Gazu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu polycounter lvl 12
    Oh thats good :)
    Alright i have googled this gun and i think that its good for now.
    Keep it comin.
    Im curious how this will end!
  • CougarJo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CougarJo polycounter lvl 6
    Yep can be usefull to see the high poly too :D

Looks like a clean bake, maybe some edges too sharp on the high there and there? Anyway, keep it up :D
  • Xpert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xpert polycounter lvl 9
    High Poly for the Sniper. Don't know how to get good renders yet, I tried a few ways didn't come out goo so this will have to do.

9RFGIwx.jpg

OgaLPqT.jpg

xNRx6Pa.jpg

1zdU5iS.jpg

JL48vO8.jpg

scWuRBJ.jpg

YyYPu33.jpg
  • Gazu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu polycounter lvl 12
    Looks solid.
    But when i look at the second picture of your last post, i see a lot of "empty" space where maybe a lot of details can find a place. It looks a bit empty and i think that you can improve that with modeling the bipod and attachements which are available for this sniper, so that the first person look becomes more interesting for the players eyes. But anyways, you are on a good way and i know that with good texture maps the whole weapon will look totaly different. But dont start texturing to early. I would model the bipod and some other attachments. Maybe in the end you will be happier.

I think thats my problem. When i model, i want to finish it as soon as possible. But when the Model is done im thinking about how the model would look like if i had modeled in the whole attachements. --->> Maybe much better.

You can do it now, or you can do the attachements later on a different map,too.
    Keep on comin!
  • Xpert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xpert polycounter lvl 9
    Bipod will be made a later date, for now I'm just gonna be making the variants for this gun. Right now the scope and the full weapon are on separate UV maps. So in game they can be switch with different attachments and don't take up space in one map with lower resolution for each part. Plus I will be able to add it to the other variants of the weapon ill be making, so I don't have to remake them.
  • Xpert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xpert polycounter lvl 9
    Here is the model, have a look.

[SKETCHFAB]3d4f6140fedd49659938538b422936bb[/SKETCHFAB]

[SKETCHFAB]f599afe5c6c0465095310bcd5a1ed44f[/SKETCHFAB]
  • Xpert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xpert polycounter lvl 9
    All tree versions finished. Well the maps are baked.

DTA HTI

jPfHohC.png

DTA SRS A1

8HmErrt.png

DTA SRS Covert

05fYbmq.png