Home General Discussion

[Tesseract] Artist Call

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Nieb polycounter lvl 13
The first public release of Tesseract has hit the internet.

I'd like to extend an invitation to all artists. If you have any art assets you'd like to have considered for inclusion in the game, please do send them our way!

I see so much great showcase/portfolio art posted on here. Why not put it to some practical use and have it as part of a game?

Tesseract doesn't necessarily have a theme. Each map is it's own little universe. The theme could be a medieval castle floating in the sky, a high-tech sci-fi base in space, a modern urban/office setting, or anything else imaginable.

Any works with overly restrictive licensing will not be considered. My personal contributions to Tesseract are all CC0(Public-Domain)

If you have any questions about importing art assets into the game feel free to ask me, I'd be glad to help. Via PM, Reply, or IRC [URL="irc://irc.freenode.net/tesseract"]#tesseract@freenode.net[/URL]

Replies

• Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Well what sort of things are they looking for? New maps? Environment Props? Weapons? What are the technical requirements? There doesn't seem to be much documentation (understandably) on the website, but without easy access to that information a lot of people will take no further interest.
  • ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
    Bek wrote: »
    Well what sort of things are they looking for? New maps? Environment Props? Weapons? What are the technical requirements? There doesn't seem to be much documentation (understandably) on the website, but without easy access to that information a lot of people will take no further interest.

Yeah I went over the video on the website and what little was there in the way of documentation and I am still left thinking just what is this about? and why should anyone get involved with it?
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    ^ +1
    Also maybe put some easy to reach tutorials on the front page for getting assets in the engine working.
    I find the engine quite interesting myself, would be cool to dabble in.
  • Dashiva
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dashiva triangle
    Hey Nieb. I was in the IRC channel about a week ago with some of the devs. Wanted to do a custom weapon for fun but couldn't figure out how everything worked in the engine (admittedly I only looked at the source files for about 5 minutes). If you could write a simple asset construction guide it'd be helpful. Good work on the complex map, it's a well done small map.