Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Medieval Fantasy Game Needs Artists

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Dayl polycounter lvl 7
Hi there,

My name is Sagan Tucker and I'm looking for 2D and 3D artists to work on a medieval fantasy game series.

LOGO_zpsa7032dc4.png

"The Telerian Chronicles" is an epic fantasy 3rd Person Action Adventure with RPG elements.

An ancient necromancer has been unleashed on the continent of Teleria and has relaunched the war he started thousands of years ago, summoning hordes of undead, demons and reanimated dragons. A young blacksmith finds himself caught in the middle of it, as the leader of a band of young wanderers intent on thwarting the evil necromancer's plans for the destruction of Teleria.

The team so far:

Sagan Tucker - Project lead/Concept Artist
Noc Xeon - Lead Programmer
James Yow - Writer
Wilson Taylor - Writer
Francesco Puccini - Character Modeler
Krešimir Mađerić - Environment Modeler
Aliasofall - Creature Modeler

Currently looking for:

- Environment Concept Artists
- Character Artists
- 3D modelers
- Texture Artists
- 3D Riggers and Animators
- Level designers
- C# or C++ Programmers/Shader Programmers

Development is still in early stages, so a lot of things are still up in the air. The main focus right now is the storyline. We want to have a nonlinear storytelling approach with multiple endings. We want the player to have a real and lasting effect on the world, and we want to throw difficult moral decisions at the player, a la "The Walking Dead". We will be trying to make the game semi open-world, so that players get a sense of freedom, but with a somewhat linear storyline. Play will revolve around exploration, puzzle solving, and combat. Of course this is all in an ideal scenario...some of it will most likely be cut, but as they say "Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, at least you'll land among the stars!"

ARTISTS:
(Please reply with a link to your portfolio. For the art style, we're aiming as realistic as possible, somewhere along the lines of Skyrim or Assassin's Creed.)

Concept Artist

- Good understanding of form, color, light, texture, and composition
- Ability to depict compelling environments and/or characters based off descriptions
- Ability to come up with compelling designs that fit into the existing game world

Environment Artist

- Experience in using 3D software packages such as Maya, 3DS Max, Zbrush, Photoshop, or anything equivalent to those
- Ability to sculpt high poly models and bake them onto low resolution mesh
- Ability to layout UVs and texture models

Character Artist

- Experience in using 3D software packages such as Maya, 3DS Max, Zbrush, Photoshop, or anything equivalent to those
- Ability to create highly detailed characters in Zbrush or Mudbox and bake them onto low resolution mesh
- Good anatomy knowledge
- Ability to sculpt humans, animals and creatures

PROGRAMMERS:

- Experience programming in C# or C++
- Ability to take on tasks and complete them independently
- Ability to create basic prototypes for examples
- Knowledge of shader programming is a plus

LEVEL DESIGNERS:

- Ability to block out game levels and visualize gameplay
- Good knowledge of level design
- Architectural knowledge is a plus
- Maya, 3DS Max, or any other modeling program knowledge is a plus

*All applicants: please send links to some examples of your work in your email*

Our aim is to launch a Kickstarter, and when it's funded you will be compensated for the work you've done. Revenue will also be shared upon release of the game.

If you're interested in working with us, get in touch with me at sagan.tucker@gmail.com
I look forward to hearing from you!

I'll leave you with some of the concept art I've done so far:

Selee_portrait_zpsecfaabc9.pngRhien_smith_zps7f69e664.png
Prince_Dayl02_zpsdf63212a.pngSorcerer_concept_zpsccd2a97c.png
evil_brute_zps6c548b92.png
manor_cottage_zps6ca48d36.png

dragon_mount_zpsc2a084d7.png

Dayl_amp_The_Demon_zpscf14211e.png

Replies