Home Dota 2

Help with Bounty Hunter particles

Hi guys, I have created a dagger for Bounty Hunter's off-hand, however, I have a problem with particles for it - i would like to use the particles already included in the game, which activate an orange glow only when the Bounty Hunter uses its Jinada ability and in no other cases. I have unpacked the files using GCFScape, however all particles for each hero are combined into a single .pcf file.

Does anyone know how to address this problem, or can perhaps direct me to an older thread since I am pretty new in all of this?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Spudnik
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    I don't understand, the orange particles are only active when Jinada is ready by default. That's what the importer should already do for you. If it's constantly on when you test the item ingame, I think that's just a problem with the testmap. As long as the particles are positioned correctly, they will work correctly ingame.
  • Iron
    Spudnik wrote: »
    I don't understand, the orange particles are only active when Jinada is ready by default. That's what the importer should already do for you. If it's constantly on when you test the item ingame, I think that's just a problem with the testmap. As long as the particles are positioned correctly, they will work correctly ingame.

The game requires to load a fbx / dmx / smd file for particles which basically substitutes the default particles and no matter what I do I cannot have the smooth Jinada glow or have it in the correct position and the glow is always active (even if I load the fbx that i used for the model geometry - the particles should be in the right place). Is there a possibility to leave it as it is by default? I have tried loading a blank fbx file but the game in that case fails to import it and reports a blank file.
  • Spudnik
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    No, what I meant with my previous post is that all you have to make sure is that the particles are in the right position/look the way you want them to. If they get into the actual game, they will only show when Jinada is ready, and not show if Jinada is on cooldown or not skilled REGARDLESS of when it shows up/doesn't show up when you test it ingame.
  • Iron
    Great, thanks a lot!:)