Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Steampunk Fighting

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
gustavotorqueto polycounter lvl 5
Hi Guys,

With the intention in increase my level in Character Design for games and get a job in the area! I thinked "hey, will be awesome to play a steampunk fighting game". Made some sketchs and rendered this characters, there is more but still not rendered, maybe I will post later. I can even imagine a scene on a train station, people around. Well still thinking about the characters background story.

Front_final.jpg

MuayThay_Pos.jpg

The-Queen.jpg

C&C are welcome!
Gustavo S. Torqueto

Replies

• Alchimi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alchimi polycounter lvl 4
    Ahah, awesome ideas and design! The 3rd one is nice with the cloths both classy and practical for fights! And the gear/armor on the 2nd is cool! You can feel this victorian over the top fashion/technology! I love them.

As for crits, I'll say the first character (the mechanic girl) has a disproportion between the 2 forearms and hands. The arm on the left of the image is way longer than the other. Also the hand is bigger than the other.
    Also, around the legs, I've got some doubts about the thighs. The one on the right side of the image seems a little too big

Cool work, would love to see more!
  • Fenyce
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fenyce polycounter lvl 11
    Those costumes are super fun to watch. Love 'em.
  • gustavotorqueto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys,

@Alchimi: yes I agreed, she need more attention on the anatomical part. I will fix and post it later! Thank you so much!

@Dado Almeida: Aeee, mais um mineiro pra me ajudar! (Yeah, one more brazilian to help me!) I made sketchs of possible characters, a few more studies in the characters that I liked most. I will post this studies here, very good suggestion Thank you!

@Fenyce: thank you :)
  • gustavotorqueto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Guys,

One of the files with some concepts was corrupeted, but this is the steps that I made for the concept:

Steps_1.jpg

Quen_final_6.jpg

Steps2.jpg

Steps.jpg

@Alchimi: Still fixing the anatomy on that image. =/
  • gustavotorqueto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    One more character in the area =)

Take a little longer that I expected, was a hard month but here it is:

Vladimir_Render_low.jpg

Vladimir_concept_render_low.jpg

There is a few more studies! I will update this post later! =)

Cheers =)
  • gustavotorqueto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello Guys,
    have been busy but I still doing those characters, one day I will be able to play this game! A man can dream right?

LadyDeath

The influences that I´ve for this character is from Russian Military Uniform. 

Wushi

This one was influence from chinese cloth, that behaves like a living thing, something like this:

It changes at her wish!

That is all folks!
    ;)