Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character concept, moba-like game, C&C welcomed!

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Alchimi polycounter lvl 4
Okay, so since I've found myself waiting for Blizzard's "Heroes of the Storm" release, and saw character artist Marc Brunet (from Blizzard also) do a quick tut on his youtube channel about designing and coloring a video game character concept, I thought I should have a go and do one for practice sakes...

So, here it is: A viking healer for a moba game and her skills icones. Was fun coming up with names and skills. My geeky RPG side must be showing up...

Eir the Healer, servant of Freya.
(Had fun doing some research and finding about Eir, a minor northern goddess, servant of goddess Freya, nothing much know about her apart that she was a very good healer. So here's her story.)

zdSzcvy.jpg

So I would be happy to have some feedback from concepts artists/3D modellers about the concept, it's usability in a moba-like videogame, anything really that could help me tend towards a practical knowledge about doing concept art for these kinds of videogame (or improving in digital painting)
(I've read the steam guidelines about characters in dota2, was keeping this in mind while designing this character).

Also, I know that her anatomy could use some work, especially that elbow.. (I hate drawing elbows and forearms, I still can't wrap my head around the muscles there :poly122: )

I'll also post this in the 2D concept bank thread.
Thanks!

Replies