Home Artists Looking For Work

Project Graveyard : Looking for environment and character artists

Graveyard is a first person stealth puzzle game. The Player takes on the role of a thief who is trying to navigate through a dangerous maze of traps and enemies that has been prepared for her by a cunning villain. The game is a blend of elements from games like Thief and Antichamber.

We’re looking for freelance 3D Character and Environment Artists, preferably with experience in the Unreal engine, who are willing to take the time to create a lively world with cool characters for players to explore and immerse themselves in.

UDKForum.jpg
The following are some of the key features of Project Graveyard

1. A game world that combines a steampunk aesthetic with an Asian milieu.
2. Stealth gameplay that places emphasis on being aware of the environment visually and aurally.
3. A strong emphasis on maintaining player flow without sacrificing the element of challenge.
4. Puzzles that revolve around the players’ spatial awareness and powers of observation.

Work on a prototype of Project Graveyard began in May of 2013. It has now completed the prototype stage and is entering production. The goal is to complete and ship the game by the end of the year.

Stealth is a genre that evolved significantly over the years. From the slow moving and fragile protagonists of the Thief and Metal Gear Solid franchises to the Predatory and ultra-efficient heroes of Batman and Mark of the Ninja. The emphasis has shifted from using the environment to make the player feel vulnerable to using it to make the player feel empowered. Project Graveyard is an attempt at creating an old school stealth game where the player can revel in the thrill of executing a perfect heist.

My name is Vivek Ramkumar. I’m a game designer and scripter with 4 years experience in the industry. I’ve worked on and shipped AAA and indie titles (Sleeping Dogs, The Baconing and Tryst). I decided to take a year off and spend some time working on an idea that was mucking about in my head for quite a long time.

If you're interested in working on Project Graveyard please PM me with a link to your portfolio.

Replies