Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

3D Artist and Concept Artist wanted for Proles, a spacey and dystopian MMOG

Hey everybody!

My name is Mischa Wasmuth and I am the co-founder of a small start-up, the Inner Cookie Party, located in the heart of Berlin. As of April of this year, we got a grant from the state of Berlin for the development of our game, Proles. It has been in full-time development for about 7 month now and we are striving to make it into an enjoyable MMOG. We are well aware that the market is being overrun by run-of-the-mill MMOGs, but are nonetheless trying to make a fortune out of it.
Proles is a spacey MMOG with a dystopian and futuristic setting, inspired by Orwells "1984". The player will start inside of a giant lunar high security prison as part of the lowest social class, the Proles, with nothing more than a little spaceship. From there on he will be able to move up the social ladder to even become a fleet commander. A hugh part of the game is a already developed A.I. named "Big Brother", that is able to monitor everything that happens inside the game and to modify the game story and gameplay according to the behaviour of the players.

So for now, we have a small working prototype as proof-of-concept and naturally a clear vision for what to come.

Long story short, we are currently a 2 man-team, consisting of myself as a front end dev and a colleague as back end dev. So I said to myself, why not ask the great polycount community, if there is a 3D or Concept Artist who might be willing to join this opportunity to share a vision and to rebuild the once holy reputation of MMOGs?

And yes, the jobs will be paid. Since we are still a new start-up, the actual numbers will have to be negotiated - but we want to be fair, naturally - everybody needs to eat something at the end of the day. For the style and so on: We generally have a direction in which we want to go, but the artist can and should bring his own ideas to the vision.

Just PM or email (phima at proles.me) me, if you're interested! Even if you have just some questions.

(PS: I am fully aware that repeating the word MMOG is NOT helping my cause, but it is the correct terminology, isn't it? ;-) )