Offline / Send Message
    ImsumDave polycounter lvl 9
    More 3D Printing

Minimal ratchet socket set organizer:

• ImsumDave
    Offline / Send Message
    This Is A WIP

I'm trying to recreate the conan the barbarian altantean sword as accurately as possible. Good high-res straight-on shots from the movie are hard to come by. Primarily, I used images of the albion swords replica (ref images can be found here), which I believe uses the original molds for the hilt and pommel. I'm also trying for something more offline renderer friendly. I will likely make and bake a low poly later. Nearly everything was poly modeled in blender, the only exception being the skull on the pommel. After I was happy with the model, I exported the hilt and pommel to zbrush to combine (dynamesh), add some surface texture (mostly surface noise), decimate, and export back to blender. I used dirty vertex colors to capture the surface details, and peaks and valleys. I then used those vertex colors to create the oxidized bronze shader you see here. There is still more to do, but I thought it was far along enough to show. Possibly might make an environment scene based on events in the movie as well.
  • ImsumDave
    Offline / Send Message
    kitty bust sculpt in blender:

• ImsumDave
    Offline / Send Message
    Used booleans to create this gun concept 3d sketch:
  • ImsumDave
    Offline / Send Message
    Created this die in blender (based on a photo reference), rendered with EEVEE:

Created this shader for the die with dynamic wear controlled by vertex color values:

• ImsumDave