Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

Looking for 3D artist for modern isometric RPG

Hi, I'm a designer/programmer seeking a 3D artist to help me complete the game I've been working on for the past few years.

It's closest to an RPG, with a focus on varied and deep gameplay systems, a compelling story and less of a focus on the stats and number-crunching that is traditionally associated with the genre. It has a contemporary setting, with slight sci-fi and supernatural elements to keep things interesting. It controls in real time with the mouse and keyboard using a customizable hotbar, like a cross between an MMO and a twin-stick shooter. The camera angle is close to isometric, although with perspective, and the game plays out in full 3D. I'm aiming for a PC release initially but the game can be ported to Mac or Linux post-release if demand is there.

The game engine has been through several revisions, most gameplay systems have been tested and it's rapidly approaching the point where I need art assets to continue. It currently has an OpenGL 3 renderer that supports shaders (unlike the picture), an entity-component architecture similar to Unity, and a scripting language similiar to Lua. Physics aren't in at the moment, as my old physics library wasn't good enough, but I expect to be using the Bullet physics engine in future.

I'm looking for a good, dedicated 3D artist to model/texture/animate the game for me. 2D art skills (for things like GUI and promotional art) are a bonus but not required. The art pipeline is fairly flexible so we can try different rendering styles, but I generally want something that is low-poly, well textured and doesn't need lots of post-processing to look good. I like the simple, clean, slightly-exaggerated look of the models in the Persona games and used them as a basis when I tried to learn to model myself.

Character models are my priority right now, I have basic environmental modelling skills myself, but I'd really like somebody who can do most of the art so I can focus on the other areas of the game. I can provide shitty concept art and references for you to work from, although being able to improve on my designs is good. My work schedule is fairly relaxed but I do want someone who is commited and willing to see the project through to the end.

Here is an early prototype screenshot using placeholder graphics:

game.jpg

If this sounds like something you'd enjoy working on and are willing to dedicate to, please email me at:
hamish (dot) mcleod (at) gmail (dot) com