Home Digital Sketchbooks

hamstocks: Digital Sketchbook

hamstocks
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
hamstocks polycounter lvl 5
What is up Polycounters! I'm trying to do a lot more practice with digital painting, to improve my skills. I'm also going to try and work on some more portfolio pieces, but for now I'll be practicing painting.

So below is what I'm working on now. It is a texture study for cracked mud/dirt on a cube. This is a pretty good way for me to work on colors/value and texture. I'm kinda stuck right now. I don't really know where to go. However, I'm just gonna experiment and try to nail down the actual gritty dirt texture/details.

iG3WXVY.png

Anyway, tell me what you think so far. Also stay tuned for updates and more work. I'm planning on doing more of these texture studies, and then maybe doing some character and environment work.

Well, thanks for your time, and seeya later!

Replies

• hamstocks
    Offline / Send Message
    hamstocks polycounter lvl 5
    Hello all, I've done a little work on this cube study, workin on the texture details. I went ham with some splatter brushes, tryin to get a decent dirty/gritty look. Here's what I have right now:

fcmIPhM.png

Needs a lot of work, specifically smoothing out the dirt texture, making it a little less obvious. I don't know, when I get time, i'll continue working on it. Tell me what you think so far.

Thanks