Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Concept work needing critique

Currently working on a concept art, I'd love some critique on what you think of the overall image and if anything is working/ not working for you! Im going to add a back 3/4 image as well and some details like hair change or wardrobe change options. Let me know! :)

780x1434.jpeg

Replies

• LANKUS MAXIMUS
    The face is nicely done. And i like the overall rendering of the image. But the proportions are very exaggerated. It looks like her lower leg is really long. Like alien long. The chest also seems way too broad for her physique. Are you using any references in regards to the pose/anatomy?

I'd look into changing the pony-tail too. Perhaps add some variation to the tone or the stroke size on the hair, as it currently looks like it's to the side rather than behind her.

All the best with your developments! :)
  • thecindyperez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey!

Thank you so much for responding. Yeah I actually got told a while before that her legs were really long. I think I have this thing for long legs in my head. Im going to change that with the boots. I had used some reference for the pose as well as shadowing the overall image, I'm going to go back and re-look into the anatomy. I never noticed the pony tail so Ill change that up. Do you think the boots are too heavy for her? I was thinking of making them more slim fit and less metallic. I was gonna go for almost an elfish boot sort of feel.

Thanks again!
  • LANKUS MAXIMUS
    No problem at all :)

That's a good idea. I think you'll find that changing her boot size to a more 'slender' design will work really well as it will keep in with the anatomical style that you've given her.

And something as simple as adding more shape and curve to the ponytail can allow you to hide a portion behind her head, giving you a better sense of depth and dynamic movement.

I look forward to seeing it progress.
  • thecindyperez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok so I made some changes, let me know what you think :-)

780x1271.jpeg